Sunday, January 3, 2010

Blogging in Twenty Ten

I've decided to join the blogging world.   A new year, a new decade, and a new blog that I can call my own.  Not to worry though, I will still be very active in stalking your blogs.  Please bear with me as I try to figure this out.  I am in desperate need of a sweet little background and header. Any volunteers?   As of 01-01-10 we are on a budget, and I am sure my frugal but adorable husband will not find purchasing a blog background budget worthy. 

What's with the title? you ask. No we are not sponsoring a new toddler clothing store by the name of Pineapples and Pickles. Pineapples are on our family crest and both Tony's sister and I used that as an excuse to start using pineapples as
our symbol in our everyday life and throughout our homes. Check out my new monogramed napkins courtesy of my sister-in-law for Christmas.

Monogrammed Icon Hotel Napkins, Pineapple, Set of 4 | Williams-Sonoma

The "pickles" part comes from my husband's lifelong nickname... Gerkin. Story goes that at a young age Tony ate a few jars of Gherkin pickles and then rolled down a hill. Unfortunately the pickles came back up but the nickname stuck. Here's to my Gerkin.



No comments: