Saturday, January 23, 2010

Put a wreath on it

The Martha in me convinced me to stop at Hobby Lobby this week and buy materials for this.

I love wreaths but hate paying the price for a nice wreath. This baby cost a total of $15 and about one hour to make. I think Martha would be proud.

Styrofoam circle $2.99
Moss $5.99 x 2 (needed two bags)
Hot glue (already had on hand)

I plan to change the ribbon every couple of months. Right now I am using my spring-like, easter egg colored ribbon.  I plan to use this navy blue and white striped ribbon during the summer months for more of a nautical feel.  


Forgot to mention that I stocked up on ribbon while at Hobby Lobby because it was 50% off.

2 comments:

The Swordfish said...

t-dawg, i made a wreath this week too! great minds drink alot of wine . . . i mean, they think alike! :)

Amber said...

I just stumbled upon ur blog and I'm loving it!!!! How did u hang this wreath??? Tack the ribbon the the other side of the door?!?! Thanks in advance! Many prayers for ur sweet little man!