Wednesday, February 24, 2010

NOOOOOO.....

It's a sad day people. 

My treadmill died today!  I knew it was sick, but today it officially quit working.  

I came home from work, quickly threw on my workout gear, turned on my ipod, had some Black Eyed Peas playing to pump me up, hit start on my treadmill, and nothing! Nada! Zilch! I tried turning it off and on, unplugging it, hitting it, and kicking it but still nothing.  It's a sad day folks. I'm now drowning my sorrows by blogging and eating Girl Scout Cookies (Peanut Butter Patties to be exact). Screw the workout today.  

You see I am not a gym person and have wasted plenty of money for unused memberships at numerous gyms around town in the past. Can't stand waiting for machines with a 30 minute limit once you are on. I mean come on...if I wait and pay to use it then I can go for 45 minutes. Right? Also can't stand the gross guys at the gym who gawk at girls in tight spandex (sorry for stereotyping). 

I've had my treadmill for almost 4 years, and it's been very good to me.  I used it almost everyday for about 2 years straight, and at least 3 times a week the 3rd year. No lie.... Tony will vouch for me. (He hates it by the way) I may or may not have taken a nice long break during the recent holidays, but just when I was getting my groove back this happens. 

I plan to have my handy man (aka Tony) take a look. 

I may call the warranty company (but doubt I will have the patience to wait for them to send someone out to diagnose the problem and then wait for them to send another person out to fix the problem).

I may have already checked out Sears.com just buy another one. 

This one has been advertised on tv a lot lately. Looks neat. The price tag is not so neat, though!
{sears.com and roughly $2500}


This one is more likely to fit in our budget and it has a fan.  Score!

{sears.com}

I will remain optimistic and enjoy my cookies for now with fingers crossed that Tony will be able to work his magic. In the meantime, is it too much to ask for weather that is more conducive to running?

My apologizes for being such a Debbie Downer today...  

On a brighter note, I have a photo shoot tomorrow!  The practice I work at has asked me to have a photo taken to hang on the wall next to the physicians' portraits. It's a honor. Now I just need to pull my hand out of the cookie jar so I don't have a double chin and chubby cheeks tomorrow.  

2 comments:

Breann said...

Let me know if you get a new one and how you like it. I need one, though Lee isn't keen on the idea since I don't use the Wii Fit. See, i like to watch tv while I work out and Wii Fit is exactly the opposite!

abby @ tales and trials said...

Bummer about your treadmill!! Ours was acting weird the other day and I about cried at the thought of it dying. I'm not really a fan of the gym either. I love being able to run ar home while my boys are napping.

Eventhough my treadmill was a surprise present from my husband he isn't really a big fan of it.

Thanks for following my blog and for your sweet comment!!