Sunday, April 11, 2010

Recent Updates to the casa

New master bedroom is slowly coming together. I finally found a rug a Pier One this week. You can see a hint of the rug below. I hesitantly ordered a ruffled bedskirt from Linensource.com thinking I would end up returning it, but in the end I fell in love with it!
We still need a headboard, our framed Italy photographs printed for above our laps and side wall, and a couple upholstered white chairs or a bench at the foot of the bed.

I have my eye on a tan, upholstered, tufted headboard from Garden Ridge. My friend, Kristin, has this headboard in her bedroom and it looks fabulous! She and I visited Garden Ridge on Saturday in hopes of loading up the king headboard for me to bring home, but they only had queen sizes in stock. Fingers crossed that one of the other nearby Garden Ridge stores has a king size in stock.


Here's a sneak peek at our guest bedroom. I'm not completely sure of the look I desire for the guest room so I'm playing with what we currently have.




I also added some texture to our breakfast area with some burlap around the white slipcovered chairs. I like the look.





3 comments:

Andi said...

Your home is beautiful! Love what you've done with the Master, so fresh and clean!

OneCraftyFox said...

I am a first time visitor, it looks like you are a busy girl :) Your home is beautiful, have fun decorating!

cMe said...

I LOVE your decor style. I think your bed looks OK w/o a headboard. Where in TX do you live? I'm also a Texan!