Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Little Gherkin

It was important to me that I had a fun and creative way to share the news with Tony once I found out I was pregnant. So I had this little bib monogrammed to give to Tony once I got that positive test.

Tony's lifelong nickname is Gherkin. You can read more about that here.

I knew I was pregnant before I even took the test that Saturday. They aren't kidding when they say you urinate every hour on the hour. In fact that was one of the tell-tale signs I had. The test flashed "PREGNANT" within a minute. I immediately took a second test to confirm, and it again flashed "PREGNANT" within a minute.


I tiptoed around the house to get the bib out of hiding, and then I gave it to Tony. His reaction was great...it actually took him awhile to figure out what it meant. (We'll just keep that between us. Ok?) Here are some of our first celebratory pictures.


Me in our soon to be nursery.

Little Gherkin or Baby V. I'm not sure which I like better. What do you think? I'll need a little nickname until we find out the gender and decide on a name.  Did I mention that Tony already refers to said baby as "he?" 

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Homer. Hands down.

OneCraftyFox said...

Oh congrats, darling! That is so exciting, and I love how you gave your hunny the news. Too cute :)

Karah said...

I am so excited for you guys!!! Congrats :)
PS: Lets definitely have a Morales date next time your in town. Miss you.