Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A mantel makeover

Late one evening I decided to give my mantel a facelift --- working with what I already had so I'm not tempted to buy anything new. Some tell me this means I'm already nesting.  Who knows? I played with it for an hour or so while Tony was in class and ended up with this.

daytime

evening shot

what it looked like before
sometimes less is more

We are currently looking for a new screen (or maybe even painting the current screen a nice dark color) and are even considering going without a screen and glass doors someday (as in when there are no potential toddlers running around). I've also been toying with the idea of painting the brick white, but there's no going back once you paint it.  I do love the look of white painted brick, but that's a big commitment.  Know what I mean?

1 comment:

Breann said...

I know what you mean, but if you paint the brick white... your mantel won't stand out at much. Just my thoughts on that one.