Thursday, July 29, 2010

Inspiration

Man, I can't believe it's only been a week since my doctor's appointment. It feels like an eternity already.

There's one thought that I keep going back to over and over again.  In fact, I wrote about it in my journal and I've shared it with Tony and numerous friends this week.  I'm constantly amazed at the ability of the human body to withstand such a wide array of emotions.  As I headed to my OB's office last week I was on cloud nine, and within seconds I was destroyed and in so much unexplainable pain.  I even told Tony last week I didn't know how my body and my mind could withstand such awful feelings.

I know that God will never take us where the grace of God cannot protect us.  I've heard that all my life, and I'm so thankful for friends and family who've been there to constantly remind me of this simple little fact over the past week.  I've been able to rest in my faith and trust in God's will for our life and our baby's life this week.  He's given me the hope and the peace that I needed over the past week, and that's how I've managed to cope during this difficult time.

I've found such hope in what some may feel are silly things... like other people's dreams and listening to music.

As I was driving home on Tuesday this song came on the radio, and I felt that it was played just for me.  Next Wednesday will not be easy as I sit in the waiting room at Texas Children's Hospital waiting for the results and hearing what the doctors have to say.  I just pray that I can continue to trust in God's will for our lives and make this my testimony no matter what the news may be.

Waiting Room by Jonny Diaz

Here in this waiting room
Yearning for You to say go
And thought I'm convinced that a yes would be best
This time You're telling me no.

It's not that I don't have an answer
It's just not the one that I'd like
But through this time Lord I must keep in mind
You're always wiser than I.

'Cause You have a much better purpose
And You have a far greater plan
And You have a bigger perspective
'Cause You hold this world in Your hands.

The things that I seek are from You
Like the strong healing touch of Your hand
But when You say no, help me to trust
Even though there's a reason I can't understand.

'Cause You have a much better purpose
And You have a far greater plan
And You have a bigger perspective
'Cause You hold this world in Your hands.

When that miracle comes 'cause Your answer is yes
I will praise You for all of my days
But when Your wisdom declares that a no is what's best
I will praise You just the same.

'Cause You have a much better purpose
And You have a far greater plan
And You have a bigger perspective
'Cause You hold this world in Your hands.



We can never thank you all enough for the prayers, the support, the food, the flowers, the phone calls, the cards, the list could go on and on and on. Hope this little guy realizes how much he is loved and cared for already.  


4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Tiffanie, I tried to comment on your last post but it didn't work for some reason. I just wanted to tell you I am praying SO hard for you, Tony, and your sweet baby boy. Praying for God's blessing, peace, and comfort for you all. Love, Elizabeth

Breann said...

I have everyone I know praying for you and thinking about you. We love you guys, all 3 of you!

Anonymous said...

Tiff - Love you sweetie! The song is beautiful; I will be on my knees praying for God's grace for you to accept His will while you are in the "Waiting Room" next week.
Hold on to Jesus ~ I love you, Nita Lynn

Joi said...

You are definitely in my prayers, girl! Thinking of you, your husband, and your little boy!