Saturday, July 24, 2010

Prayer request


On Thursday we did find out that our baby is indeed a boy (but I already knew that... mother's intuition I guess), but the doctors also found that something is not right with our baby's heart.

We do not know the severity of his heart condition at this point, but it appears that the chambers on the right side of his heart are small if even developing at all.  The doctors are preparing us for the worst.  I guess that's their job right?  The worst being that I will never be able to hold my baby boy.  I'll never be able to cheer for him in the stands at his t-ball games. I'll never be able to see him off on his first day of school.

We, of course, are trying very hard to remain faithful in prayer and trust in God's will for us and for our baby boy.  We remain hopeful for good news and pray that this heart condition is just a bump in the road and can be easily fixed.  I have to remain hopeful for my baby.

We will know more in about 10-14 days when my amniocentesis results are back and we meet with the pediatric cardiologist at Texas Children's Hosptial.  At this point it doesn't look good, but we must continue to wait, hope, and pray.  We could use any good thoughts you can send our way and greatly appreciate any prayers you can send up for our baby boy. 

I'm devastated.  I'm shattered and unsure how the pieces can be put back together again.  Tony's hurting and crushed.  Our families are struggling.

We only told family and close friends initially.  The love and support we have received already has truly been a blessing to us and in fact has been the only point of comfort we've had thus far.  Thanks for the phone calls, the flowers, the e-mails, the messages, and most of all for the prayers.  Please, please, please keep the prayers coming.

I'm not sure when I'll feel up to blogging again, but thanks in advance for lifting us up in prayer during the coming weeks to months.  

For you created my inmost being; 
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, 
I know that full well. 
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be. 
Psalms 139: 13-16

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
and He will direct your path.
Proverbs 3:5-6


Love,                                           
Tiffanie & Tony                                


image: www.prettybeautiful.co.uk

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Know our prayers are with You and our Love surrounds you.

Love, Robin

Megandvd@Beauty in the Attempt said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers....I know these are just words, but my heart aches for you & words are to0 limited by definition to even begin...just know all my strength is yours as long as you need it.

e

Karah said...

Saying lots of prayers for you guys and sending love your way. Lots of hugs.
xoxo

chair up said...

"Amen" to the scriptures you have quoted. I am praying for you both, not only for healing of your baby but also acceptance of God's perfect Will whatever that may be. I hope you receive some positive news in the near future. Hang in there :o)
Angex

kristyo15 said...

We are keeping y'all in our thoughts and prayers daily. Definitely praying for full healing. Please let us know if y'all need anything.

The Owens'

taeandashleypark said...

Please know that you are in our prayers and that we are thinking of you guys through these coming weeks and months.

abby @ tales and trials said...

Praying for you Tiffanie!

Okie Rednecks said...

Praying for you....

Michelle said...

You are an amazing daughter of HIS and your testimony is profound. HE will be your strength, your rock, your friend and your comfort- whatever comes on the path you are on.
Your son is HIS creation and HIS child and he is in HIS hands- we trust and look to HIM with you, hoping for the miracle and standing faithfully in HIS will.
Do not be fooled into needing to be strong, but let your strength come from your heavenly daddy T!
Love you sooooooo much! xoxoxo

Jessi said...

I will pray for you and your little boy. I cannot imagine what you are going through, but know that your faith with help you through.