Monday, August 9, 2010

A change of scenery


We inherited a rose garden when we bought our new home. To be exact our entire front yard was a rose garden.  The roses were nice (and an unbelievable maintenance) but we're a bit more minimalist especially when it comes to landscaping.

Can you imagine my anxiety when this was unloaded in front of our house early one day last month?
Can you imagine my palpitations as I headed off to work looking at this in my rearview mirror?
Then imagine my dismay coming home to this.
Then it rained for forty seven days and forty seven nights.

Finally, we were able to finish. 
All that worrying was for nothing.
I love the new yard.

Before
After:  @ 2 days
After @ 10 days
We still have some work to be done and some things to add, but we're so glad to have the grass down. The rest will come with time.

 We continue to boldly pray for Preston. 

Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, 
so that we may receive mercy & find grace to help us in our time of need.
Hebrews 4:16

4 comments:

Kristin said...

YOU HAVE GRASS! :)

Breann said...

That looks wonderful! I bet the neighbors appreciate your hard work as well... and Tony doesn't have to prune rose bushes anymore!

abby @ tales and trials said...

everything looks great. It's amazing what some new grass can do for a yard. I'm jealous. We have an area of our yard that used to be a garden but now it looks like a weed garden. I just want it to be sod so bad but we don't want to sink anymore money into the house while we are trying to sell it. :(

Emily A. Clark said...

This looks fantastic--definitely like a really great episode of Curb Appeal :)