Thursday, August 12, 2010

Da Bump Progression: Week 18

18 weeks
As of last Friday my due date was moved up. Preston is measuring about 3-4 days bigger (which he has all along) and this is actually a great thing. Sometimes babies with congenital heart disease stop growing in utero towards the end of the pregnancy. We will hope and pray this isn't the case with Preston. We want him to be strong and healthy when he is born especially since he may need surgery at 5 days old.

As of now, I will be induced the first Monday or Tuesday of the new year. That would be either January 3rd or 4th. I was secretly hoping that I would have a Christmas baby.  That could still be the case if Mr. Preston decides to come during that time, but we will avoid inducing during that time if possible.  (Something about members of the cardiac team may be out on holiday... ha!  Now I understand how my patients feel when I'm out on my vacations/holidays.)

Old bump pics:
11 weeks
14 weeks
Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart.
Jeremiah 1:5


p.s. I can feel Preston now.  In fact I started feeling the "flutter" last week a few hours after the cardiologist's appointment.  The timing was perfect. It helps me know that he really is okay in there.  

2 comments:

Tiny's Treats said...

Tiffanie, I love reading all of your updates and have been thinking about y'all a lot. Early January birthday would be perfect, Preston can have a bowl game themed birthday party!

-Heather

Queen Bee said...

So cute!! Isn't that feeling the best feeling ever!! Thinking of you and sending prayers!