Friday, August 27, 2010

My fall favorites

Fall is absolutely, hands-down, my most favorite time of the year.  My birthday takes place in the fall (October 31st for those who want to mark it on your calendar!), and fall means that overeating on turkey and pecan pie Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner.  And boy do I look forward to some cooler weather... I'm a hot mess here!

I love fall colors especially when it comes to nail polish. My favorite fall/winter color is...

You Don't Know Jacques by OPI
image from here


I love the smell of fall most of all. My favorite fall candle (going on 3 years) is...
Leaves by Slatkin & Co available at Bath and Body Works
image from here
I may have already started burning one even though it's still 100 degrees here.

Speaking of the holidays, I've already been told that I should not travel after 28 weeks which means that I won't be heading home for the holidays this year. It sure is a bittersweet feeling. I have never missed a Thanksgiving or Christmas with my family at my grandparents' house in all my 30 years.  I'm trying to work on an arrangement that involves my aunt meeting Tony halfway between here and Lufkin with a plate of food and an entire pie for baby and me on Thanksgiving day. Am I spoiled or what?

4 comments:

Breann said...

I am in the same boat, we should have a "not allowed to travel" Thanksgiving and Christmas party!

Queen Bee said...

okay babe, i am with ya on all the above! i have been just itching to pull out my dark polish, and well i have already been burning my leaves candle!! hugs to you and preston!!

Karah said...

I want that nail polish!! I love that color. I also love that candle. We have the room spray in that scent and it smells so good, Im going to have to buy the candle now.

Megandvd@Beauty in the Attempt said...

Ohhh...that nail polsih looks DIVINE!!! I am going to have to find that color. Off to find the polish. :)

Cheers~
e