Monday, October 18, 2010

My songs for Preston

image via fiveblonds.com
So all the books and websites tell me that Preston's hearing should be well developed, and that if I talk or sing to him he'll likely be able to recognize the sound of my voice by the time he is born. It is so very important to me that he be able to recognize my voice so that he'll know I'm close especially since he'll be in the NICU bed and not in my arms after he's born.

So I've become a singing fool. I sing You Are My Sunshine and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star constantly to Preston.  I hope that he'll be able to recognize my voice and these songs because I plan to sing them to him over and over again while holding his hand in the NICU.

Don't worry, I apologized to him in advance for my poor vocal skills. I seriously can't carry a tune y'all.


 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, 
plans to give you hope and a future. 
Jeremiah 29:11

4 comments:

Aly @ Analyze This said...

So, So sweet! I bet he loves your signing, despite your bad voice (Which I'm sure it is not that bad!)

michelle said...

I thought I heard you singing in the last couple of days...beautiful!!
Jesus loves me is another GREAT one for him to be hearing ;)
love you!

Jules said...

Hi Tiffanie! I'm not sure if you remember me, but I went to SFA and am married to Ryan Emmons. I've been reading your blog for a while and want you to know that you and Tony and Preston are in our thoughts and prayers!! Preston is LOVING hearing you sing to him. He already knows how loved he is :)

Anonymous said...

MAWMAW JUST LAUGHED AND SMILED WHEN I READ THIS ENTRY TO HER
I REMEMBER SHE HAD A FRIEND THAT SANG JESUS LOVES ME TO HER CHILD ALL THE WAY TO HOUSTON-- THAT WAS YEARS AGO.

FAITH-HOPE-LOVE!!!!!

LOVE ALWAYS,
NANA