Sunday, October 24, 2010

Preston's Nursery

After I did laundry and packed our bags for the hospital in case my doctor says we need to head there after my ultrasound on Monday morning, we put the final touches on sweet P's nursery. The only thing left to do is buy a mattress and pick up the bedding from the seamstress.

Today after church we hung a birch wood branch and the blue linen drapes over his window. I love his nursery. Praying that I get to love on my baby in this room very, very soon.  


close-up of linen panels and branch
Tony and I also tried our hands at a couple of DIY mobiles (one for over the changing table and one for over the crib).  Totally inexpensive, completely heartfelt, and extremely easy to make. I used two $0.79 wreaths from Michael's and the birds are Christmas ornaments from Crate and Barrel. Tony used monofilament to assembly the ornaments to the wreath. Here's our craftiness.  

over the crib
over the changing table
these are metal so they sound like  wind chime when you tap them

Now I just need a healthy baby to bring home to complete my nest.  Here's the rest...

my paintings
changing table area
still undecided on wall decor above table.

crib, DIY mobile, and monogram

a shot from the doorway
We're off to take maternity pictures now, but first I need to give a shout out to my Gherkin for joining in on the nesting that took place here this weekend.  I love you bunches.  



2 comments:

abby @ tales and trials said...

The bird mobiles turned out so cute! And I am still loving those monograms hanging above the crib.

Still praying for Preston!!!

Michelle said...

What a beautiful nursery for a beautiful and precious son!!!!