Thursday, October 21, 2010

We could use your prayers.

They started giving me steroids today to speed up Preston's lung maturity in case they see more changes on Monday and decide to take him in the next week or two.  I will be checked again on Monday.

Please pray for Preston's well-being and that he doesn't feel pain and isn't suffering.  Please pray for my health and that there are no complications that arise within my body. Please continue to pray for complete healing for Preston.  Tony and I are both ready to accept God's will for our lives and for Preston's life.  We know full well that could involve Preston going to Heaven and not remaining here on earth with us.  Please pray for the two of us as husband and wife (and best friends) that we will continue to trust in Him and that we'll find strength in our relationship and in Him no matter what our future holds. Please pray we'll remain free of resentment and that we will continue to only focus on the present and not worry about what tomorrow may hold.

As I sat in the very office again today that I did on July 22nd when I found out that Preston's heart was broken, I realized that my heart broke that day too. Although it's broken, I will rejoice in the fact that I had the opportunity to love this little guy with my whole heart. This has been the best but ironically worst 7 months on my life.  The best because I now know the love of a mother, and the worst because I'm so broken, scared, and helpless.

My devotion today from the Jesus Calling app:

"When My will encroaches on your little domain of control, you often react with telltale resentment.  The best response to losses or thwarted hopes is praise: The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord. (Job 1:21) Be prepared to let go of anything I take from you, but never let go of My hand."


I will keep everyone posted through the blog as soon as we have any new developments. As for now, I am limping around the house because that stinking steroid injection hurt real bad and getting ready for our maternity photo session on Sunday with Kristy.  (Thanks Kristy for moving our photo session up and allowing us to capture these precious moments with Preston on film).  




4 comments:

Andi said...

I am just speechless. I am so sorry you are going through all of this. You and Preston are definitely in my prayers.

kristyo15 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kristyo15 said...

Can't wait to see y'all this weekend, and just give y'all a big hug.

Prayers being lifted,
Kristy & Joe

The Johnson Family said...

We continue to send many prayers. Preston is so blessed to have such amazing parents who love him so much. Please keep me updated as to how your appointment goes Monday. I will be thinking of you guys and praying for positive news.

xo