Sunday, November 21, 2010

My 'Preston' Gift


Per Wikipedia:
A push present (also known as a "push gift" or "baby bauble") is a present a new father gives a new mother when she gives birth to their child. In practice the present may be given before or after the birth, or even in the delivery room.  The giving of push presents has grown in the United States in recent years. 




Tony knows my love for David Yurman, and I may or may not have heavily hinted that I would enjoy something from DY as my push present.  So here it is... we bought it early since there was a local promotion for 20% off, but I'm not allowed to wear it yet.

The blue topaz represents blue for my baby boy, and it'll most likely be his birth stone (December) given that the doctor's don't decide it's time for him to come within the next nine days.

My boss had no idea what a push present was until I recently shared the definition with her.  I love that she is now asking her hubby for two push presents (plus interest) for her two grown children.



Ephesians 3:20

5 comments:

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Oh my word! I love DY and that ring is GOREGOUS! Wow! Stunning!

I added yours and Prestons names to the prayer book at Church this morning. I explained to my group about his condition and we are all praying for you!

The Johnson Family said...

It is beautiful!! I love DY!
Tell Tony I think he has done a fabulous job!!

The comment about your boss cracks me up!!

Hope you had fun at your block party!

Karinny said...

I will add your baby and your family to my group of prayers.

Great gift!

In this wonderful life... said...

thought I would share this. I was given some Topaz also. LOVE your ring!!

As cool and inviting as a blue lake on a blistering summer day, December's birthstone is derived from the Sanskrit word "tapas," meaning fire. This is because Blue Topaz was considered by ancient civilizations to have cooling properties.Not only was it believed to cool boiling water when thrown into the pot, but to calm hot tempers as well! This gemstone was credited with many other healing powers, among them the ability to cure insanity, asthma, weak vision and insomnia. The Blue Topaz was even thought to have magical properties in its ability to make its wearer invisible in a threatening situation.

kristyo15 said...

Tony did awesome...I'm going to have to show this to Joe! ;)

Hope it's a good week and you're able to rest up!

Kristy