Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Preston's Update


via

Preston's cardiologist remains optimistic after today's appointment. His heart function remains stable. He seems to be defying the odds as the doctors were very concerned he would be showing signs of heart failure at this point.  He is not though!  Thank God... I have all day! The tunnel that is leaking may be a little bit bigger, but she's thinking that it is proportionate to his growth.

Speaking of growth, Preston's dad was very pleased to see and hear that his testicles (yes, 2... that's important you know) have descended. That apparently happened just this week as they were not seen on last week's ultrasound (they're that obvious). Did I really just type an entire paragraph about my baby's testes? Wow!

Time to change the subject...

So P's cardiologist wants to let Preston stay put and continue growing for a little bit longer.  She said she would even like to see him stay put until January. Tony laughed aloud.  I'm fairly certain he was thinking about how he could tolerate this crazy pregnant lady for another month.  So as long as my placental flow remains stable, my amniotic fluid is not lower, and he continues to grow it looks like Preston will get to hang out a few more weeks at least   Thank God!

We do have a number of reasons to be thankful this Thanksgiving. I remember being very sad last Thanksgiving because I was not pregnant despite trying. This Thanksgiving we're expecting sweet P.  I can't help but wonder what our Thanksgiving will be like next year.

via
As for now, Tony and I are ready to enjoy our Thanksgiving feast that my aunt delivered. See I told you it would happen. I'm may be a tad bit spoiled. Tony says he could get used to this. Thanks to my fam in L-town for cooking for us. We will miss you guys terribly tomorrow.



Psalm 118:24

7 comments:

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Best news I've heard all day ... No, not the news on his testicles! Ha!

Stay put and grow just a little bit longer Preston! Your Mom, Dad, all your family and even this weirdo blogger that your Mom doesn't even know is excited to "meet you!"

Happy Thanksgiving!!

The Johnson Family said...

Wonderful news! So much to be thankful for this year! Not too much longer until P is here and I cannot wait to come and meet him!!

Enjoy your last Thanksgiving as a family of two!!

xo

Jenn Smith said...

Im praying for yall! I love reading your blog.

Krystal said...

Have an amazing Thanksgiving! I hope the future Preston reads this post someday, haha :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving T and Tony; Sam and Carter!!! Miss you being home for the holidays!

Miss Lexie tells everyone that she heard Preston's heart beat. Sounds like a "dinosaur grawl" she said. That claim she has over everyone here. She needed time just her and K. It was their first lengthy trip together just the two of them.

So glad Sweet P is just cruising along with no further problems. He may be healed when he is born.
We just have to keep praying and
the Faith Hope Love
Enjoy the meal. Hope the pie was a good one. Am sure broccoli and rice will free well. You should have enough.

Love always, N

Anonymous said...

HAPPY TURKEY DAY TO YOU GUYS...WE ARE ABOUT TO EAT...AND MISS U SO MUCH.....HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR FOOD.

LOVE YALL

RKB

Breann said...

That is so wonderful to hear! Happy Thanksgiving to you, Tony, and sweet P!