Wednesday, November 3, 2010

STABLE!!

via

Stable.  That's my new favorite word.  I'll take it any day and I especially love to hear it come from the doctors' mouths. Preston's heart looks about the same. No overt signs of hydrops and his heart is still working well. Praise the Lord.  The placental resistance is still high, but once again it's stable.  I will go back to Texas Children's in about 3 weeks unless my OB picks up any changes before then.  The doctors sounded very optimistic, and it was sooo good for us to hear that in their voices and for them to use that word with us.  At this point they are prepared to deliver me should he show any signs of decreased heart function, but at this point he has more time to stay put and continue to grow.  Speaking of growing he's about 4 pounds now and in the 60th percentile which is super.  

For those of you who know about the dilemma we were struggling with at TCH... please know that He heard our prayers and that the problem seems to be working itself out on its own. Tony and I did not have to have the conversation we were planning to have this morning. I will continue to pray that He will guide us through this process just as He did this morning. 

And in keeping the tradition, Tony and I stopped by Hungry's on the way home from the med center so that I could have my strawberry lemonade. It's soooo good. My day is complete...


We can never thank you all enough for the prayers for Preston.  As a friend mentioned more have prayed for this one who is not yet born, than some who have already lived and died.  I get that and I'm so thankful for those who love us and who love Preston already.  He's a pretty sweet guy... I can tell already... even though he likes to stick his tongue out at us during the ultrasounds.  I can't wait to introduce him to all of you and tell him how much he is already loved and cared for.


8 comments:

The Johnson Family said...

So glad that your appointment went well!! He is definately hearing our prayers!!
Preston is already so loved!! Constantly in our thoughts and prayers and will continue to be...so are you and Tony!

xo,
Missy

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Wonderful news!!! :) Many prayers for you, your husband and Preston! Xoxo

Samantha said...

Great news! Let us know if you guys need anything!

Dale Family said...

So glad to hear the good news!!! I hope that more good news keeps coming!!

Kristin said...

i reeeaallly hate it when you make me cry.

In this wonderful life... said...

stable is a wonderful word. continuing to pray for you guys!!

NANA said...

the whisper of "maybe" in HOPE seems to be growing stronger make sure you get Preston some Ranger Baseball Cards since they made it to the World Series
alphabet cards look super in his room

Faith Hope Love
just keep believing!!!!!!!!!
Love Always, Nana

abby @ tales and trials said...

So glad for good updates!

My SIL used to live in Houston right by Hungry's. It was her favorite place to go eat. I only go to go there once with her but it was good. :)