Monday, November 22, 2010

With Thanksgiving

This post seems appropriate given it's the week of Thanksgiving. It's not easy to be thankful in bad times.  And it's hard to remember to give thanks in the good times. This whole process with Preston and my pregnancy has definitely brought me to my knees. I now know what it's like to pray on my knees. I am also learning how to give thanks in both the good and the bad.  It's a hard way to learn this, but I'm slowly learning how to not take life for granted.

via Libby

          This week I am thankful for:
  • Preston's every punch and kick and the reassurance each one provides
  • my family for the unconditional love & for bringing us Thanksgiving dinner this week (i.can't.wait
  • my husband for making me laugh and laugh hard this weekend. ( i love u )
  • our friends and our sunday school class
  • our neighbors and the block party/shower held in honor of our sweet P yesterday
  • the on-call doc who called me back at 3:00 a.m. on Thursday and reassured me
  • my blog and how therapeutic writing this blog is and for friends I've met through this blog
  • my job, my patients, and fabulous coworkers who've succeeded in keeping my stress level down
  • Preston's hiccups that I can feel at this very moment as I sit here typing this.  

via Olivia

Happy Thanksgiving week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Thanksgiving meal is in the makin'-- Pawpaw did his part already.
has it boxed,taped and topside marked.
Hoping all is well with appointment at Texas Childrens!!!!! Just dwell on good until your know otherwise. Has Carter seen Sock Monkey?
So do you know a tentative date yet?
Tell them more pics if he is cooperative and not shy.

Faith Hope Love

Love Ya always

Michelle said...

I am thankful for YOU!!!! XO