Sunday, December 19, 2010

37 weeks


I'm full term. I didn't think we would make it to this point.  Remember they gave me steroids the last weekend of October to mature Preston's lungs and prepare me for delivery? They clearly didn't think we would make it this far either. I'm so thankful. Here's what's happened, what's changed, and what I know now. A little pregnancy recap if you will. 

1. I've gained 32 pounds. There. It's out. I feel better :)
@11 weeks
@ 37 weeks
2. I never knew how hard it would be to get pregnant.
3. I never realized how many babies are born with some type of issue. I am learning never to take life for granted. I hope you'll do the same. Life is precious. I now know what everyone means when they say babies truly are amazing little miracles.

via
4. I never knew I would dive so deep into the alphabet (on top... if you know what I mean) It's no bueno.
5. I have that line. That dark line. I think it's called linea nigra. It's subtle but there.  Oddly, I love it :)
6. I have NO stretch marks. Zip. Zilch. Nada. (My doc says I'm in the clear if I don't have them already, but I'm going to knock on wood just in case.)
7. Baby clothes and baby products are addicting. I'm obsessed.
DwellStudio
8. You wouldn't believe the number of rolls of toilet paper I've gone through in the past 37 weeks.  Seriously, it's a lot. From the day I found out I was pregnant I promise you I woke up at least twice a night. The urinary frequency was extreme in this house. True story. I used to be a toilet paper snob... I would only buy the expensive double roll Cottonelle. By the end of my first trimester I had resorted to buying the cheap stuff and yep I'm still buying it.
9. Hanging head low in shame, but I've attended zero classes.  No birthing classes.  No breast feeding classes. I'll likely freak a bit when it comes time to start both, but with at least one (and up to three) doctors' appointments a week I didn't have much spare time.
10. I did the whole pickle thing, but I mainly wanted mine fried.


11. So glad we decided against a drop side crib.
12 Outrageous sweet tooth.  I'd fight someone for the last piece of chocolate and I have.
13. Pregnancy brain is a honest-to-God real thing.  Trust me I know... I left my car running not once but twice for extended periods of time.
14. My favorite pregnancy drink ...
fresh squeezed strawberry lemonade
15. I love that there's reserved parking for expectant mothers at Kroger's. Yep, I've parked there.
16. Had a gut feeling I was having a little boy from day one.

Baby V @ 13 weeks
The doctor asked me that day if I wanted to know the sex.
"I know it's a boy," I replied.  "That's what it looks like," she said. 
17. Borrowing pregnancy clothes was the best thing ever cuz pregnancy clothes aren't cheap or easy to come by. Thanks to those who I borrowed from... love you guys. 
18. Fortunately, I didn't have morning sickness.  Wish I could say the same about the dreaded heartburn.
19. If you google aortico-left ventricular tunnel and view images Preston's picture comes up.
20. So very thankful for modern medicine.
Preston playing peekaboo.
21. No cankles here.
22. Well, you all know how emotionally draining this pregnancy has been for me. I've been an open book on here (thanks for bearing with me).  As for the physical aspect of this pregnancy, I've felt fantastic the whole time especially after I beat the first trimester fatigue. I think Mr. Gherkin was secretly hoping I'd be fat and miserable and this would be it. Wrong! I love being pregnant.
23. I can't deny though that I'm ready to indulge in some sushi.

10 comments:

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Seriously love this post. Fun to see all of your thoughts and favorites. PS, you look gorgeous! 32 lbs is nothing and you'll drop it soooo fast!

TeachingInHeels said...

What a wonderful post. Thank you for sharing, as always :)

Breann said...

I will go eat sushi with you, we need a double date, with strollers, to Blue Fish :)
You have been a real trooper. Not many people would have been as strong as you during all this. Let us know how we can help in the days/weeks/months after he is born.
Don't worry about the classes. With a C-section, birthing class is worthless anyway. Breastfeeding class doesn't matter too much when you have lactation consultants. I can give you the booklet from the class I took if you want it.
You have 2 people 1 mile away who are 3 weeks into this whole newborn thing... call us!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Jessica said...

I LOVE this post! It was great. I feel I've been through this whole process with you. I'm so excited for you.

Happiness Is... said...

I love this post. I feel like it captures all the aspects of what pregnancy has been for you. It's a different adventure for everyone but always a miracle and blessing. Can't wait for Preston to be here!

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

:) Such a great post! Lil P is so blessed with the greatest momma:) Hope you and the hubs has a great Christmas!! Oh and I need to email you about shirts!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

What a wonderful way to look back on your pregnancy. I hope you plan on printing off these posts for you to have and Preston to have. You are such an inspirational woman and though I haven't been on this entire journey with you, I feel as though you've let me in (as well as other readers)on this experience with you! Thank you.

Team Preston all the way!!!

Jessi said...

Great post. Lots of your pregnancy symptoms ( or whatever you would call them) sound a lot like mine. Maybe Baby F is a boy too. Also you are scheduled to have Preston on my husbands b-day. So glad you've made it this far!!!

A Big Little Life said...

You look beautiful! Praying for you and for Preston's safe arrival!

Michelle said...

What a journey!! XO