Monday, December 6, 2010

I heart surprises.


I love to be surprised. Then again who doesn't love a good surprise, especially when it's a good gift.

The Gherkin and I will soon be celebrating our 4th anniversary, but we really stink when it comes to keeping secrets from each other which is why he has been wearing his anniversary gift for the past two weeks.  J Crew's Timex watch ... which I may or may not have swiped to wear this weekend.

via

Yesterday, after being gone for a few minutes, the Gherkin comes in, takes my scarf from around my neck, and blindfolds me. He leads me into the kitchen and tells me he's giving me my anniversary gift a few days early.



I am now the proud owner of a sewing machine.  You know you're old a grown up when ... you're this excited about a sewing machine.  When I asked him what in the world made him think of a sewing machine he replied, "Well you're crafty and the only thing you can't do is sew so now you can learn." I'm up for the challenge and ready to learn.  Does he know he's creating a monster?

14 comments:

Kristin said...

somewhere, my mom's head is spinning! she'll teach you . . . are you sure you aren't related to her?

Krystal said...

awww he's a keeper! how cute!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

What a great gift!! Doesn't mean you're old at all ... well, maybe just a little ;) BUT, think of all the cute things you can make now!!

In this wonderful life... said...

how EXCITING!! I so want a showing machine! You are a lucky lady :)

kel said...

Tiffanie, You will love this blog, full of sewing projects (and knitting, which I don't know how to do)! http://www.purlbee.com/

Jumping Jack said...

"Monster" is the perfect way to describe it! HA! Sewing is so very addicting, but so much fun.

http://www.u-createcrafts.com/ is a great site too!

Happy Anniversary and Happy Sewing!

Mandi said...

I got a sewing machine for my birthday this year. I had no clue how to sew, but my hubs thought it was something I would pick up quick since I'm "crafty" as well...his words too =)

Ashley said...

Awwww, you are so lucky! I asked for a sewing machine and a kitchen aid mixer for Christmas...you know you are old when...haha.

Happy anniversary!

Happiness Is... said...

So cute!

Christine said...

hahahaha "you know you're a grown up when..."
i LOVE it. i'm asking for a juicer for christmas. who am i?!?!

xoxox

CBD said...

I have that scarf too :) I want a sewing machine too! Very nice!

Cassandra said...

fun!! what do you plan to sew first!?

Tiffany said...

My husbie and I are the same way! He gave me one of my Christmas gifts last week and for his birthday this year I gave him his gift almost a month early. Lol! You're right, the joys of being an adult! I really want a sewing machine, too.

On another note, I found your blog today and wanted to say hi and that I'm praying for your sweet baby and family. :)

Hannah said...

that is so cute. oh man I can't wait to see it!