Sunday, December 26, 2010

Shared Wisdom

My sister, who's brave, wise, and is successfully raising my 4 year old nephew, gave me this book for Christmas. It's titled Mother to Son. I love it.  I giggled as I read some. My eyes filled with tears a couple of times (silly, hormones).  I slammed it shut when I got to the chapters about girls and leaving home... I refused to read those. I think I'll find myself reading this more than once. Here are some of my favorites.

{Apologies in advance for the blurry pics... I hate to use my flash... and didn't realize the quality of the pics until it was too late.}











{click picture to enlarge for easier reading}







9 comments:

Jumping Jack said...

What a sweet book! I love the "throwing food is normal" one! We're going through that right now. Jack throws everything!

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Let the countdown to baby P begin!

Tiffany said...

Love that book! So sweet :)

Queen Bee said...

Oh how precious!! I just ordered this! Thanks for sharing!!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

What a sweet gift! :) Merry Christmas V family :)

Jules said...

I'm going to have to get this book... I love it! Thanks for sharing!
I'm so glad that things with Preston are going good! We will continue to pray for all of you!
Merry Christmas :)

Samantha said...

I love that book! I may need to purchase it!

Marcy XOXO said...

How sweet! I love this ;) It made me tear up too... even the funny ones! I am such a sap... Hope you had a wonderful Christmas... HAPPY MONDAY!

Happiness Is... said...

I love that book! If I know of any friends having boys I am totally getting that as a gift (though everyone so far is having girls!) Hope your Christmas was great!

fittingbackin said...

What a great book! My sis is pregnant with her first little one, a boy, and her shower is coming up quick. I'm adding this to my amazon list for her thanks to your post!