Sunday, January 2, 2011

365 days

Exactly one year ago I started this little blog called Pineapples and Pickles. I had no idea what I was doing.  On January 4th last year I posted about my new years resolutions for 2010.  Number 4, which I chose not to share at the time, was indeed our goal to start a family.  Now here we are, 365 days and over 215 posts later, we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Preston Randal (on January 4th, 2011 --- coincidence??)


As for the other goals... our money saving was limited thanks to Uncle Sam and our audit (which was highly unreasonable I might add) earlier this year, but we're recovering and have Mr. Preston a nice little savings account established (Have you seen the estimated cost of college tuition in 10 years? It's outrageous).  Our master bath has not been touched since we ended up redoing the front lawn. Our house is fully furnished, and we have a sweet little nursery that is fully furnished as well.


I did not make any resolutions this new year other than to remember to keep counting my blessings no matter what happens over the next few days, weeks, and months. Thanks for reading, following, commenting, praying and caring for us.



15 comments:

Michelle said...

YOU are sooo wonderful and I am so glad you started this blog....I'm actually thinking of straiten one now...no clue what I am doing but maybe today will be the day...sent u a text earlier...will sense my excitement I am sure!!
2 more days!! Love love love you and here for everything this week this month this year....endlessly....XO

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

So glad that I came across your blog! 2 more days and you will be a momma!!! Yay!!!

J and A said...

Beautiful nursery! :) Relax and enjoy your last couple days!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Jessica said...

Happy New Year! I think of you EVERYDAY! I'm super pumped about Prestons arrival! :)

Have a great day! 2 MORE DAYS!

Lisa Johnson said...

I'm excited for you to meet your precious Preston. While I can't say that motherhood comes without heartache, I can say that the joy you feel for your baby boy will be endless. Praying for you and I look forward to meeting you in the CVICU.

Happiness Is... said...

I can't wait to see Preston's sweet face in 2 days (or whenever you get a spare minute to post of course!)

I hope 2011 is full of blessings for you all.

Elizabeth said...

Tiffianie, Praying SO hard for baby Preston! I have loved reading your blog in 2010 and can't wait to see what God has in store for your family in 2011. Love,Elizabeth

chair up said...

Well it's already January 3rd here in Australia so I guess Preston is due to arrive in 1 day, lol.
I'm sure you will experience quite a mix of emotions over the next wee while but the dominant one will be excitement. Praying for you all and waiting in anticipation :o)
Angex

Jenn said...

Love your blog, I'm a new follower. Congrats on becoming a mom. How exciting!
Blessings for 2011!

http://jennwarwick.blogspot.com

Her Preppiness said...

Love your blog.

ASC said...

So exciting...2 more days!! We continue to pray for you and sweet Preston daily!

Samantha said...

Can't wait for baby Preston's arrival. We are praying for you guys!

Sarah said...

I cant wait for Mr.Preston's arrival! Im praying for you guys over the next days and weeks. Keep us posted.
P.S. I LOVE that you're not declaring resolutions. Take one day at a time and enjoy what you have:)
XOXO

Megandvd@Beauty in the Attempt said...

I am so lucky to have found you...happy birthday to your blog and much happiness to you in this year. I am one of your biggest fans.

Cheers~
e

Jacki, Jimmy and Emme said...

I read your blog daily and have been praying for you and your family with my whole heart. You are an inspiration to many of us who read! Cannot wait to see what God has in store for 2011. Many blessing I am sure!