Friday, January 21, 2011

All is well.

We took Preston to his post-op follow-up bright and early this morning.  I must pat myself on the back...  woke up at 6 am, managed to feed P, pump, get P ready, get myself ready, gave P his medicines and was in the car and pulling out of the drive way at 7:06 am.  I may have cheated a tad bit by packing the diaper bag last night and having Mr. Gherkin make my much needed coffee on the way out the door.

They say Mr. P is doing well.  He's just over 7 pounds which means he's bounced back and is over his birth weight despite not getting to eat the first week of his life.  He was 20 1/2  inches long today.

Blowing bubbles in the waiting room.
Many of you have asked to see those big brown (yes, brown... he never had blue eyes)  again.
I tried. I really did, but he just isn't showing those eyes today.

Unfortunately, we didn't get to see Preston's surgeon today. I kind of like him a lot. After all, his hands were in my baby's heart.  P did leave a little note for him though.



We then saw his pediatrician for his two week newborn check. They went ahead and started his Hep B vaccination series today, and they will start his immunizations on time at the next two-month follow-up appointment and not hold off as first expected. I couldn't watch him get the one vaccine today... I'm going to be a mess when he gets more at the next visit.

post- vaccine & holding on tight to his paci.
Still no eyes. Sorry, folks. 

Newborn pics are scheduled in the morning with his "Aunt" Kristy, but for now I have to run... poopy diaper.

11 comments:

Marcy XOXO said...

OMG THAT NOTE STRUCK SUCH A CHORD WITH ME TIFF!!! P is sooooooooooooo cute!!! Can't wait to see those pics ;) Have a wonderful Friday sweetie!!!

The Collins in 2010 said...

This is amazing! He is recovering so fast! Congratulations!

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

Aww:) Way to go P! Keep up the good work buddy!!! Enjoy your weekend!

Happiness Is... said...

I love that bib! He has the cutest stuff!

The Johnson Family said...

Way to go Preston, Aunt Missy is so proud of you!!

Have so much fun doing photos tom, I know they are going to be adorable! I already told Kristy I am so jealous she gets to see P again!!

A Big Little Life said...

He is so cute! Have a good weekend!

J and A said...

Ah so glad he is doing well. SO cute. Love the bubbles. Enjoy!

Tamara Lambert said...

Precious! Way to go, new mom for getting it together so quickly! The shots are never pretty but right now baby P is so fresh and new and he's/you've been through so much already. I can see why that is hard for you!

Brooke said...

I am impressed! Harper is closing in on 6 months and I still can't get down the morning routine in an hour. Well done. So happy to hear he's doing so well!

In this wonderful life... said...

so glad everything is going good!! He looks precious even with his eyes shut :)

Lynett said...

He's so precious T-I'm so happy for you guys!