Monday, January 3, 2011

Dear Preston,


Tomorrow is the big day. The day your daddy and I will meet you for the very first time. We hope you'll love us just as much as we love you. We're a little dorky and yes I laugh at my own jokes, but I promise we'll love you so much it'll be easy to look past our goofiness.

Am I scared?  Sure, but I've prayed about you so much, as have others, and I know without a doubt that He has His hands on you and your best interest at heart. You will be ok whether here on Earth with us or in Heaven with Him and your MeMe. Either way I feel your heart will no longer be broken. It will be healed.

We're not sure why but God chose us. He chose us to love you with all our beings. He chose us to be your earthly parents. He trusted us with your well-being. For whatever reason He chose us and we consider it a honor and a privilege.

I can't wait to get my hands on you. I can't wait to feel your hair that they say you have so much of. I hope that you have your dad's wavy hair, by the way. I especially can't wait to get my hands on your feet.





You've been such a blessing to us already. I can't imagine what else is in store for us, for you. So many people love you --- you've touched many lives already. You've certainly changed my life for the better. No matter what happens you've made me a better person, Preston Randal, and I have and will continue to thank God for you every day.  

via
I love you with all my heart, Preston.

Love,

John 16:33

28 comments:

Marcy XOXO said...

So sweet! Love this. Praying for you guys ;) Lots of hugs from Kentucky!

Brandi said...

Good luck and congratulations!! Little boys are sooo much fun! And they sure do love their momma!!! I'll be thinking and praying for you and your little guy!!!!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Thanks for making me cry at work, T! My heart and mind are so closely focused on Preston. The little things are non-existent at this point as we all gather and pray for the safe delivery for you and Preston. I pray that he will be able to successfully have surgery on his heart and that he will heal so he can come home with him Mommy and Daddy.

I will forever be changed by you and Preston.

Love to you all!

Sarah said...

I have been following for a while but don't think I have ever commented. Tomorrow is the big day and I am sending lots of prayers for you and your sweet boy! So excited for you to kiss his sweet face :)

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

:) We are praying for you!!!!! Do you have a FB or Twitter your going to update tomorrow?? :)

Lynett said...

One more day! How exciting! Wishing you guys the absolute best-I'm praying for you. Keep us informed :)

A Big Little Life said...

So sweet--I will keep you guys in my prayers tomorrow!

Natalie said...

An amazing post! Preston is already so loved! I'm thinking about your family and sending lots of prayers your way!!

Tiffany said...

Sending lots of prayers your way! We'll be thinking of and praying for you and your sweet baby tomorrow. Hugs!!

Newlywed Next Door said...

Beautiful. Will be praying today and tomorrow! Big hugs!

Sarah said...

Prayers are flowing freely from NY! May the Lord be with you all tomorrow. You're an inspiration little mama:)

Andi said...

BEst of luck tomorrow, hoping everything goes perfectly for all of you!

MJ said...

Wishing you all the love on your big day tomorrow.

Lyndsay said...

Love you Tiff, Tony and Preston. We will see you all soon.

taeandashleypark said...

This morning I was convinced that today was the 4th and I got so excited and then remembered that it was only the 3rd! We are praying for you tomorrow and can't wait to see pictures of that sweet boy!!

The Johnson Family said...

You have me in tears! You are so strong and I truely admire you! All three of you are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. We will have or shirts on tomorrow and will be praying so hard.
Love you guys!

xoxo

Lindsey said...

i will be thinking about you tomorrow. Lots of hugs and prayers for you, your family and Preston!

kristyo15 said...

Can't wait to wear my shirt tomorrow and capture Preston's arrival! Setting aside time tonight to pray for y'all. See ya soon!

Jumping Jack said...

I've written and re-written my comment a hundred times, but there are no words to express how I'm feeling for yall right now.

I'm praying for you and will be anxiously awaiting an update tomorrow.

Sending love and hugs your way!
Brandy

The Sexton 3 said...

You've been all my mind all week and will definately be in my heart and prayers tomorrow! :) Enjoy EVERY SINGLE SECOND of it... don't let fear steal away the joy, because no matter what - Preston IS and WILL BE perfect!

The world will be praying! :)

{hugs}

The Mumaw's said...

Best wishes. Where did you get the initial wall art in his nursery?
Thanks, Amy

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Jessica said...

Teardrops are falling!
I am thinking of you, your hubby, & Preston non-stop today. I'm so proud of you! Keep strong! Can't wait to see his precious face!

Leah said...

Beautifully written, of course now I'm crying. Will be thinking of and sending lots of prayers your way tomorrow.

Darby McCormick said...

Praying for Preston

Ashley said...

What a beautiful letter to your son! I will be praying for you guys tomorrow!

Megandvd@Beauty in the Attempt said...

Preston,

Know you are loved by so many and you are so lucky to have your mommy. She is a wonderful person whose strength puts me in awe. Know my little boy and I pray for you and will be thinking of you tomorrow.

~e

Christin said...

Beatiful letter T! Preston is so lucky to have so many people that already love him so much, ESPECIALLY you and Tony. You guys will be amazing parents! I love you guys and will be thinking about you tomorrow. Sending many many prayers your way!!

Aunt Christin

Jennifer Willard said...

Praying for your baby preston & your family.