Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Peaceful

It was just me and Mr. P at the hospital today, and he was in my arms all day long! He started getting my breast milk today through his NG tube. I feel a little less helpless now. The ENT docs saw him mid-afternoon and cleared him for bottle feeding.  I fed him two 6 cc (such a tease!) bottles by the time I left and he did well. They will start increasing his quantity overnight.

They are tapering his last IV medication and switching him to an oral form of the medication. As long as he tolerates the new med, is eating, and remains stable then we should go from the CVICU to a regular room tomorrow. Our new room will have a bed for mommy or daddy to sleep in.

Today was so peaceful. Just me, my baby in my arms, and Pandora's Rockabye Baby! playing on my iPhone. Lots of praises went up too.  I loved every second.



Let be and be still, and know (recognize and understand) that I am God. 
Psalm 46:10 

17 comments:

Michelle said...

Congrads to you Mommy AND way to go Preston!!!!! What special time today and sounds like a big turn has been made now!! When will you be able to start nursing him? I hope its very very soon!!!! Love love love you! Keep me posted on getting into a room and when I can come meet the little guy!!! XO

Jumping Jack said...

I'm so happy that everything is going well. I have prayed so much for Preston, you and your family. Now time for many, many praises! Hallelujah!

Christine said...

OMG he is absolutely precious. so happy for you :)
xoxox

kristyo15 said...

How awesome is that?! I am so proud of lil' P! He's showing them how it's done! What a testament little P is to God's greatness!

Um, can it be Thursday already?! So ready to come see y'all!

Tiffany said...

That sounds like such an amazing day! So happy for y'all. :) I'm sure it will be so nice for him to be in a room that y'all can stay in, too!

Jules said...

I'm so happy that y'all had a peaceful day.... I'm praying that everyday from here on out is that way for y'all!
Holding your baby is the best feeling in the world! We need to get him some SFA gear :)

Laura@Cowboy Boots said...

it does sound like a day in heaven. holding babies is the best....esp for him...i bet he loves the feel of his mommy....not to mention all that milk ur saving for him! way to keep him big and strong!!! ;o)

Katie Cooper said...

What an awesome day for you! Watch out those 6 ccs will multiply quickly :)! Praying that Preston continues to recovery smoothly.

Breann said...

let me know if you need me to drive you anywhere! i want to come visit too!

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

Awww!! Keep up the good work P! So glad you got to spend the day with your sweet lil guy!!! Such a blessed baby!

Rachel said...

He is so precious! I'm glad you had such a wonderful day with him

Isabella's Mommy.... said...

How sweet it is!! I am so happy for you & your little one. May GOD continue to watch over you and your family.

Marcy XOXO said...

What a refreshing and awesome post! So happy for you Tiff... geez such great news I am just smiling for you from ear to ear... can't wait to hear another update ;)

Shae said...

So happy for you! I know you'll be glad to be in your own room with a bed. Our prayers are still with P & your family. Give him a squeeze from us!

abby @ tales and trials said...

I'm glad you and little P were able to spend the day together. Sounds like you had a sweet time of bonding. I hope you get transferred to a regular room soon. Will you get to go home in a few days?

Lisa Johnson said...

Praise God! Go Preston Go! Let us know when y'all want to hang out in club 15. :)

Happiness Is... said...

What a blessed day! Prayers for more of those to come!