Saturday, January 15, 2011

Preston's Birthday : Part 4 (and final)

Read part 1 here, part 2 here, part 3 here.

It broke my heart not to be there for the first hours of Preston's life, but Team Preston did a heck of a job documenting and filling me in on everything.

Shout out once again to the awesome Kristy for getting this on camera for me.


Transport from St. Luke's L & D to Texas Children's Hospital


Tony says they were almost running to keep up with the transport team.


Daddy never left Preston's side.
(Mommy's orders, but doubtful he would have left anyways)


Holding onto Daddy.


One of my favorites...
Still hanging onto Daddy's finger. 


Another favorite.


They say he screamed and screamed.
I loved hearing this. 
A loud baby is a healthy baby, right?


Look at that length. 90th percentile.


I heard some of the staff was a bit perplexed by Preston's diagnosis since it's so rare.
Here's the CVICU doc drawing a diagram of P's heart for everyone.


Loved the amazing CVICU staff.
Provided the upmost care at all times.


You can't miss his feet. In fact everyone kept commenting on his feet that day.


Melissa was the name of the nurse that took care of Preston in the CVICU on his birthday. Preston's MeMe (who's in Heaven) is also named Melissa, and I like to believe she's his guardian angel and that she was with him in the ICU that day. 


Still can't believe we made this...


This is another favorite. A dear friend said he looks like he's praising Jesus. I love that.


Daddy was finally able to wheel me over to see Preston at 10:00 p.m. that night (12 hours after his birth). He looked so fantastic that I think I went into a state of denial. I remember thinking how could this baby, with these pink lips and so full of life, have a heart condition...a heart condition where they feared he wouldn't survive to term. 

I can't wait to tell him about his birthday.
Then I can't wait until he fully understands his story.


Philippians 4:7 

11 comments:

Sarah @ Handbags*N*Pigtails said...

Oh my goodness that last picture brought me to tears! What a sweet baby boy he is. I am rejoicing right along with you both:)

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

:) Okay I am so in love with all these pictures! Amazing! Way to lil P! Keep up the good work buddy!

Lyndsay said...

So heartfelt. Wonderful pictures. What amazing signs God has shown you along the way, like his birthday nurse named Melissa. Hoping to see y'all and strong baby P soon! Love!

Shae said...

Praise God for this little miracle! So happy for you & your family.

J and A said...

Love all these birth stories. Thanks for sharing. :) What a tough little man.

MJ said...

These pictures are just so sweet...

Lisa Johnson said...

Beautiful post from a beautiful new mother. I look up to you so much, Tiffanie!

Kristen said...

these pictures are amazing! what a little miracle!

Isabella's Mommy.... said...

Precious, absolutely precious!

Laura@Cowboy Boots said...

what an amazing friend to be able to capture all the INCREDIBLE photos of P! those pics are worth a million words!

Karah said...

he is SOOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!! He looks just like Tony. Im so glad everything is going well. Love yall.