Saturday, January 8, 2011

Preston's Birthday: Part One

Since I've had some down time and am in my room recovering I want to be sure to recap the day that P was born before I started to forget the small details.

I will use the photos taken by our special friend Kristy Owens to document the day. Kristy, thanks again. I love how I wasn't present for most of these pictures but can know and tell the whole story because Kristy captured and shared these moments with me.

Our morning started at 5:45 am as we woke up, prayed, and then I anxiously applied some make-up for the day.  (Boy, I'm glad I did since the paparazzi showed up for Preston's birth :)  We left the house at 6:30 a.m., made a quick stop by the corner store to buy a lottery ticket (we did win the lottery that day by the way... it just wasn't the mega millions), and then pulled up to the valet parking by 7:00 a.m.  By 7:45 a.m. I was gowned up and my nurse, Lauren, was getting everything ready to go.


To help the time pass quicker, I tweeted... 

I texted...


We face-timed Team Preston in the waiting room...



Family reviewed the itinerary...


Church family came to pray with us & we enjoyed our last few minutes as a couple.


Team Preston did a fantastic job of making me laugh.


Then it was time for the hat. Haven't you heard? It's the new fashion trend for 2011.


One last minute smile and a wave good-bye as they wheeled me away at 9:43 am.
On the outside I look composed, but on the inside I was freaking out.






While I got all medicated up and sick to my stomach (literally) in OR 1



Tony adorned his surgical suit.



The docs scrubbed in...



and finally (this part seemed to take forever) they called for Tony...


To Be Continued...


6 comments:

kristyo15 said...

Love it.

P.S. Kelley and I were about to kick Tony into the OR, it DID take forever!! :) Tony was calm, and said "They'll come get me"...he was right, Lauren came and got him. :) Kelley and I on the otherhand, were sure that they had started without him. lol. :)

Breann said...

I remember, as I was on the verge of hysterical in the OR, repeating over and over "please don't forget to get my husband. Please. I need him" I am sure they wanted to say "Lady, seriously... we do this all the time."

Jumping Jack said...

I love all of the pictures that help to tell your story.

It's crazy how you don't really remember much from the day. I had a c-section too and can't remember much after being rolled into the OR.

I'm still praying.

Hugs!

Sarah said...

What great moments captured in pictures! And technology is so amazing, isn't it! Love the story!

Ashley said...

I am so glad that you guys have these beautiful pictures as a reminder of this day! I'm not able to comment every day, but I do read and keep up with updates via twitter, and I can't tell you how elated I am that Preston is doing so well! Such a strong little boy!! Continued prayers going out for you and your family!

Tiffany said...

Love all of the pictures! So happy that P is doing so well. Thanks for keeping us updated. Continuing to send prayers your way for a smooth recovery!