Friday, January 7, 2011

Stability!

Preston remained stable through the night. There were a couple of drops in his blood pressure last night that took some simple medication tweaks and then he remained stable. Thank You Jesus!

Tony and I read our devotion this morning before he went over to see our little man.  The first line of our Jesus Calling devotion for today reads "IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PRAISE OR THANK ME TOO MUCH."  I do not lie.  I can't make these things up, and yes it was even typed out in ALL CAPS.  How perfect is that! I've been singing praises all morning long.

I'm trying to figure out this pumping thing resting in my room today as I will be discharged tomorrow.  I'll probably head over to see my little man this afternoon.

I don't have any new pictures to post today as Tony and I aren't quite sure how we feel about posting/sharing pics of Preston right now.  It's not that he looks bad (in fact he's not swollen and looks very peaceful) but he is a little pale and tad bit jaundiced. The docs rounded this morning and are very pleased with the way P is bouncing back.  Praise God! Keep fighting, P.

I can leave you with the pic taken of me meeting Preston for the very first time though. As soon as I said his name he turned his head to look in my direction.  It was perfect, and I will never forget it.  Oh no, here comes the water works again...

Photo by Kristy Owens

19 comments:

Cynthia said...

So great to hear Preston is healing! God is glorious :) Still sending happy prayers your way!

Tiffany said...

Yay! So happy to hear of the great update :) Go Preston!

That picture is so adorable.

Continuing prayers for y'all!

Marcy XOXO said...

Tiff he is so cute!!! I love that picture ;) Still continually praying for you all!!!

Sarah said...

This is amazing!!! Way to go Preston! :)

The Logan Clan said...

Go Preston!!! Bless you Tiffany!! Stay strong in Him. Praying for P.

mrs.mfc said...

That picture is absolutely priceless. I am so glad to hear that things are going well. Many many thougts headed your way!!

Keep up the great work Preston!!!! You have so many people pulling for you!

Anonymous said...

Prayers will continue, he very handsome! :-)

Share with us what you want, he's yours!

Brenda

Alyssa said...

Amazing! Praying for his remaining recovery! I noticed that you call your Preston, P, too when you type. Great name!

Jumping Jack said...

This post just gave me chills! Our God is an awesome God, isn't he? So glad to hear Preston remained stable through the night.

Good luck w/ the pumping - you'll get the hang of it. I promise it does get easier.

That is the most precious picture! I love it!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Jessica said...

Praise Jesus!

A Big Little Life said...

God is so good! Preston is beautiful!

cici said...

The first nights the hardest.
I'm so glad it went smoothly.
Thank you for updating. I am a worrier :(

My Prayers continue for your precious little boy.

Michelle said...

How beautiful!! Life...HIM...him...you...the day...these pics...this testimony...life...

Love you so much, what a great mom you are and what a great gift GOD delivered to you in your husband and now your son, baby Preston!!

XO

Anonymous said...

Tiffanie...could you email me your mailing address. I have the best onesie for Preston...I know you will love it. Email me at susan@gogreekboutique.com

Travis and Amanda said...

What wonderful news!

abby @ tales and trials said...

Praise the LORD!!! I read the same devotional too. I love it. Continuing to pray....

Happiness Is... said...

I just got tears in my eyes. It warms my heart to think that he knows your voice and his name already. And then of course I start to think about having my own moment like that semi-soon and it's just overwhelming. Your son is darling and a fighter - will keep you all in my prayers!

Lisa Johnson said...

Go Team Preston! We love you, little Preston. Keep up the good work!

Shannon said...

I am so happy to read such wonderful news about Preston! And that picture melts my heart a million times over.

Continued thoughts and prayers for all y'all, especially Baby P!

What a beautiful tough little Mister y'all have!