Sunday, January 9, 2011

Update, Mohawk, and Elephants

Good morning!

Preston is making the docs and nurses work a little bit more, but he remains stable.  He's throwing a few premature heart beats which may be related to some lines he has in his left atrium that they will remove tomorrow and/or his low magnesium level.  They are correcting his magnesium now.  He had a low blood sugar over night and his blood pressure spiked once too.  No big concerns here, but just more careful monitoring.

They have stopped peritoneal dialysis (half-way) since he produced so much urine on his own yesterday.  Mr. Gherkin may or may not have bribed the nurses with a gift card to Starbucks to see who could get him to produce the most urine. ha!

They are going to try to extubate him tomorrow and get him off the ventilator if all remains stable until then.  This is the next big hurdle.  Prayers are greatly appreciated for successful extubation and stable heart function afterwards.  Him breathing on his own will be the first major test for his heart function.  Prayers for stable heart function appreciated as well.

God is good, that's for sure.  Preston has the most amazing nurses, one of which treats Preston like her own.  I love her!  She played dress up with P last night. Here's what I found when I walked in this morning.


Elephant shoes are on.  Remember I posted about these here, and P's great-aunt couldn't resist ordering a pair for him.

His nurse also spiked his hair to match his little lion. My heart melts again...



Nothing is impossible with God.
Luke 1:37

19 comments:

Brandi said...

Love the spikey hair, presh!! Praying!!!!

Wendy said...

Love the hairdo :) He is precious. Continuing prayers - God is good :)

Meagan said...

Hi Tiffanie, you don't know me, but my name is Meagan and I am very close friends with Katie Cooper who told me about your blog (I can't remember y'alls exact connection - maybe she went to high school with your husband?). Anyway, I have been following Preston's journey, as well as little Fields (who I "met" through Katie as well - it's a small world!). My 7 mo old daughter has a CHD and will have surgery sometime in the next couple of months at TCH. I just wanted to let you know that from one "heart family" to another - we are praying for little Preston daily. I pray he continues to grow stronger each day and just thrives! You are in wonderful hands at TCH (which I'm sure you know by now!) - and in the best hands, Our Father's. Blessings, Meagan

The Johnson Family said...

Love the elephant shoes and have yet to see a mohawk look SO PRECIOUS on anyone!!

Sending lots of love and kisses to Sweet P!!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Jessica said...

P is so strong. No doubt in my mind he will jump sky high over this next hurdle! Good Luck!

Thinking of all of you constantly♥

Michelle said...

He is sooooooooooooooo precious!!!!!!!!! I am blessed to know you and be a part of this journey! The little hiccups seem to be simple reminders of how serious this all is, but them resolving so perfectly is a simple reminder of who GOD is and who is in control!!!
Love you sooooo much, love the updates, the pics and the posts from many who love this little guy!!!! XxOo

Kit said...

HIs little spiked hair is so precious and I love those elephant booties! Still thinking and praying for you guys!

Jumping Jack said...

Those elephant shoes are adorable. And that spiky hair - oh my goodness! He's so cute!

Still praying and praising God that little Preston remains stable!

Carolina Carters said...

Preston is absolutely beautiful! My son, Derrick, is a heart baby too. We always thought it was fun to walk in and see what cute things the nurses had done to him when we had been away from his bedside. :) Brings a little entertainment to a not so entertaining situation.

Love, love LOVE the elephant shoes and the mohawk! Priceless!

We'll be praying for Preston's continued healing AND for peace and rest for his mama and daddy!

Hugs,
shannon

Lisa Johnson said...

Awww, LOVE that little guy! The mohawk is awesome. You and Mr. Gherkin (you'll have to tell me later where you got that nickname) are amazing parents already. I love the testimony that Field and Preston have. I told your hubby this morning that I think the boys will be college roommates one day. :)

The Rogers Family said...

cute cute elephant feet! found you from another blog and look forward to continuing to follow you!

The Rogers Family
www.rogersfamilytrio.blogspot.com

Sabrina said...

Praying hard for your little man!! Love, love, love his little mohawk!!

Oliver family said...

Love the elephant shoes and spikey hair. God is so good!!! Will continue to pray for you all.

A Big Little Life said...

He is precious!! Love those elephant shoes. I've been keeping up with you guys and praying for you!

Happiness Is... said...

Precious! Thought of you all today in Church because the sermon was all about baptism and the circle of life and how babies are initially baptized in their mother's womb, etc. Hope today was a good day!

The Sexton 3 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aly @ Analyze This said...

Hi Preston! Look at all the hair! Adorable hairdo! :)

I was out of town this weekend, Tiff, and I kept thinking and praying about y'all and sweet P.

Tonight at dinner my parents and family were asking about him! He truly has touched ALL of our hearts and is constantly on our minds!

Anonymous said...

I continue to pray for Precious P and Mommy and Daddy. Praying P will clear the hurdles really high and with no problems. I have faith in God to protect your precious baby.

Travis and Amanda said...

Love the mohawk! You guys have an amazing little boy.