Thursday, January 6, 2011

With a grateful heart

Preston remains stable. Thank God, and thank you all for the continued prayers. Please pray specifically for 1) stability with his heart function 2) knowledge and wisdom for his medical team 3) he'll be weaned off ventilator soon without complication 4) strength for Preston... hard to believe he was less than 48 hours old when he went off to surgery.

our little guy this morning before surgery.
he was so peaceful, which helped his mommy be at peace.
I love these fingers.
He's hanging on. 

And since many of you have asked about Preston's new friend, Field, and about me...

Field is doing well and remains stable. Here's his most recent update by his exceptional mommy. 

As for me, I came to rest in my room after seeing Preston post-op and am looking forward to getting some peaceful sleep. Overall I am feeling well.  So thankful for the two best aunts in the world who have stayed up with Preston at night while his mommy and daddy get some much needed rest.  Other than the surgery, P has been alone very little thanks to my KK and my Nana.  We love you two.


15 comments:

cici said...

I see the determination in his little face. He knows he is loved.
Rest well Mom and Dad.

lindasjournal said...

So glad that he is doing so well. Continually praying for him and you all.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Preston! Hang in there!

Lloyd Sisters said...

Continued happiness! So happy that he has remained stable! Hang in there Momma!! We're still praying in NJ!

Nonnie said...

I rejoice with you in the good news here. Thanks be to God for His tender mercies ... And this sweet gift of Preston.

Sarah @Newlywed and Decorating said...

Yay Preston! So glad he is doing so well! I will continue to pray as always. Glad you are blessed and surrounded by family!

Donald said...

So glad to hear the good news!! :)

Laura@Cowboy Boots said...

yea to the aunts keeping vigil while mommy and daddy get some much needed sleep! families are a blessing!

excited to hear such great news! goooo preston!

Emily said...

Continuing to lift you up in prayer! I love the sweet pictures, he is precious!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Jessica said...

My heart is beating a mile a minute! Those pictures are priceless! He is so amazingly beautiful! I am SO happy for you!

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

:)Loving hearing all this good news! Keep it coming!! Get rest and thank goodness for your family! Keep up the good work lil P!

Elizabeth said...

I am sooo glad to see he is doing good! He is absolutely precious! I will continue to pray!

Jenn-Neal said...

I'm so glad that Preston came through the surgery so well. Sending some much needed prayers for continued strength and peace for you and your family.

Michelle said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!! I feel like doing some cartwheels and flips!! ;)
HE is sooooooo good and HIS hand is in ever part of this, including the heart of Field and the relationship generated as a result of these conditions...thank you Father for BOTH MIRACLES and ALL the others you continue to do every day!!!!!
I think on your blog you should change that status to had where you speak of his condition...want it to be known it IS in the past :) and now he will thrive moving forward!!
Any idea when you will be discharged? Not that you will be going anywhere too far from the medical center....
So much love pouring out to all of you guys and all who love and pray for this little guy!! What a trooper he is!!
Please continue to keep us posted and know the love and prayers are all over this and you!!!! XoXOXO

M said...

Praise God. Continued prayers for Preston, YOU, and Tony...... Rest while you can! Love, hugs, and prayers, Michelle (Wood) Nalepa