Thursday, February 17, 2011

There's no place like home: one month

Can you believe it's already been a month since Sweet P's homecoming? One full month since I sat with him in his nursery for the very first time. It was definitely one of the happiest days of my life.  I'm glad Mr. Gherkin pushed me to finish that nursery even when I often wondered whether I would be able to hold my baby in it.


my sweet P dressed to come home
his first car ride
One month later and this guy is definitely keeping me on my toes. He prefers to be held. Ok, who am I kidding, he will not sleep during the day unless he's in my arms or we're on a walk with him in his stroller. Don't ask how many times we've circled the driveway with his stroller. :-) He's definitely a momma's boy.

We're off to buy a swing this weekend to see if that does the trick especially since Breann and Logan swear by it.  Not sure what I was thinking when I said we didn't need to register for a swing. I said the same thing about a rocker, but the borrowed rocking chair in our bedroom is the only place I can calm him when he's acting like his momma throwing a fit.

His nighttime sleeping routine rocks. He only wakes up once, eats, and then goes right back to sleep. He's even slept for 5 hours straight a few nights. 

I love you this much, mommy.
home exactly one month

He definitely hit a growth spurt yesterday. Growth spurts = one tired mommy. I hope I can keep up with him.

14 comments:

Shae said...

Way to go, P!

Kate said...

Yay P! I've been following your blog for a while now, but I'm not sure I've ever commented. P is adorable! He's growing so big too.

My son Trace is 4 months old next week and until yesterday, he would only nap in a newborn rocker. I got it at Target for $50. It's higher than a normal bouncy seat and is at the perfect height for me to rock while doing work. Just a thought! Hope the swing helps! :)

Queen Bee said...

Oh Sweet P!!! So cute!!! Glad things are going well for y'all!! I would love to get my hands on him!!

Meagan said...

So glad P is doing great!! Just an option for you --- my twins are done with the swing. In fact we never used it much at all so it is almost brand new. I would be happy to let you borrow it if you would like. very neutral colors, greens and browns. You can email me at meaganclanahan@yahoo.com if you are interested or want to see pics of it. All that baby gear gets so expensive, especially if you don't know if they will enjoy it!

Lisa Johnson said...

Oh honey; you've gotta get that swing! Field LIVED in his swing his first few months of life. He took all naps in the swing and he was happy! I'm so thankful sweet P is sleeping well for you at night and also eating well. Huge blessing! If the reflex gets frustrating email me. Field is JUST now getting relief from his reflux. We had it SO bad. There were many days that I was more upset about the reflux than the heart condition. It's just incredibly frustrating but it sounds like your little guy is still eating well so that is wonderful. We sent you a package last week. Hope you got it!! We miss you guys!! Xoxoxo

Jumping Jack said...

Awe! I remember when Jack was that tiny that all of his clothes were too big! It goes so fast!

I can't believe yall have already been home for a month! WOW!

I waited to buy a swing too and by that point Jack didn't want anything to do with it. I hope, for your sake, P loves it!

Cheryl E. said...

Glad to hear he is doing so well! You seem to be one proud mama and you should be...you have a little fighter :)

Lynett said...

Happy one month home P! He's soooo cute!

Missy said...

Time is flying! It seems like yesterday!

You MUST get a swing!! We love ours!! We have the little lamb one, but there is a new little bunny (i think) one that is super cute and soft too!

Surviving Suburbia said...

Time only speeds up every day! You will be so glad you have al the little moments documented in this blog. Contests on month one

Kristin Butler said...

Congrats! We have 3 swings in different spots all over our house. My son (9 weeks) LOVES them. It also helps with reflux because they can sit up. We have the fisher price swings and did have a mamaroo bouncer but he hates it, although of course some kids love them. My son will only go to sleep in the car, when I'm rocking him or the swing. My pediat. tells me that I cannot use movement to put him to sleep and need to let him put himself to sleep but it just doesn't work. I might be paying for it one day but for now its making my house peaceful and not a screaming stressed out mess. Good luck!

Mommyblogger said...

Congrats on being home 1 month! Definitely get that swing, it will make a world of difference. I don't know what I would do without mine :)

Jenn Smith said...

He is getting so big! What a TRUE Gift and Blessing from God! I love reading your blogs! Continuing to Pray for Y'all!!

Happiness Is... said...

So you may think I am crazy, but have you tried a pacifier? I am breastfeeding and was trying super hard to avoid it, but I finally tried it in the middle of the night and it worked! Magic! And he's had no trouble nursing since. We also have an AWESOME Fisher Price newborn rocker - if he likes to be rocked, he may like that...I can send you the link if you want. It's $50 so not bad and safe for newborns to sleep.