Friday, February 4, 2011

One month old. Seriously? How can it be?


Time is flying by all too quickly. Please life slow down. Puh-lease.
Preston @ one month

And now for a few of my favorite pictures of Preston from this past month.
P's birthday and our first touch
The next picture is not for the weak of heart. In fact until recently I found it difficult to look at the pictures from this time in P's life. The feelings are still very raw. I can still feel the fear I felt when I walked in his room that Thursday evening after surgery. My heart aches still when I see these pics.  My stomach still turns flips. There's just too many wires for such a small baby, BUT this is now one of my favorite pics because, well, this is his testimony and it reminds me that God is good all the time. All the time God is good. 

my sweet guy @ 2 days post open-heart surgery

recovering... a few days before discharge
Know what I love about all these pictures?  He's always looked so peaceful. Before surgery... peaceful.  After surgery... peaceful. Recovering... peaceful.  It was so reassuring for this worried mommy to see the peace in his eyes.

Happy One Month Birthday, Mr. P!

19 comments:

kristyo15 said...

seriously, where does the time go? In August, when Trey is starting Kindergarten, we may need a few bottles of skinny girl on hand! :)

Aly @ Analyze This said...

happy one month sweet p!

Jumping Jack said...

Time does go way too fast!

You have a beautiful little boy! And you're right - God is good all the time!

Happy 1 Month, Preston!

Kelly said...

Happy 1 Month Mr. P! I love seeing your sweet little face!

The Johnson Family said...

Happy One Month sweet boy!! You just seem to get more and more handsome with each day...if that is possible!!

Many hugs and kisses!!

JamieMoore said...

What an amazing post! I can't believe he is already 1 month! Happy Birthday Mr. Preston!

abby @ tales and trials said...

I can't believe he is already a month old. Crazy! So thankful Preston is doing well. Happy one month birthday P!!

Tiffany said...

Happy 1 month birthday, P! I love all of the pictures and I love his peacefulness. What a sweet little guy!

Shae said...

Happy One Month, Sweet P!!!

Shannon said...

Awww, happy one month, Little Man! Trust me Tiffanie, it doesn't slow down either. If anything each month passes more quickly than the last.

aggie said...

How exciting to be celebrating one month of victory!!! He is so sweet! I hate that time moves by so fast too. I want my baby girl to stay little, but at the same time, I really enjoy the new moments we share each day as we gets bigger and older.

BTW...Joseph can't wait to come over again!

Kimmie said...

He is absolutely beautiful--Happy One Month to your little blessing!

Sarah @Newlywed and Decorating said...

He's just as sweet as could be!

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

Awww....happy month day P!!

chair up said...

One month - woah! He is a beautiful boy and so blessed to have such a special mum (mom) and dad to love and care for him. God sure is good!
Angex

Tara said...

Hi,just found your blog and am now a follower.I have a nephew called Prestyn(he's a treasure too).Please pop over and visit me soon..xx

Laura@Cowboy Boots said...

i can't believe it's been a month! congrats

Erin said...

You have a beautiful little man there!

Betsy Lauren said...

Happy one month birthday! Such a sweet baby boy...