Thursday, March 24, 2011

keepsakes ...

I wanted a place to keep some of P's momentoes that just weren't baby book friendly.
So I made a shadow box with these objects. I have one from our wedding, but I'll save that for another post.

Here's what I threw together this week ... 
More detailed shots ...

I kept a number of things from his hospital stay (blood pressure cuff, hospital bracelets, and yep even the steri-strips from his incision site). I may or may not have some hoarding tendencies. Also pictured is a pendant that holds the picture of Preston looking at me for the first time. Thanks, Kristy.

Hershey bars that P's great-aunt made for his visitors during all of her late night stays with him while in the ICU. 

I cut a lock of his hair for the shadow box. It's falling out (tear!) slowly but surely, and I wanted to make sure I had a little bit of his newborn hair to keep. Look at how long his newborn hair is ... ah-maz-ing. I also threw in one of our first ultrasound pics and one of the elephant shoes that he sported in the ICU. You can see them here
Here's the cap he wore right after he was born. Also pictured is the bracelet they put on him before transport to Texas Children's Hospital (look at how tiny it is) and one of my maternity shots that Kristy took. 

I also included a picture of my blog button for Sweet P. Thanks Jenna.

Last is my Team Preston sticker and CVICU day pass that I wore the day of P's open heart surgery.
Love the things in this box. Love the story it tells. Love the little guy this shadow box belongs to.

20 comments:

Ashley said...

I love this!! I've been trying to figure out what to do with the things I've kept from my son's birth, and you've given me great inspiration!

Missy said...

I love it! You did such an amazing job putting this together, it's fabulous!

Motivates me to get something like this done for Parker

On a side note, Parker has lost almost all of his hair too...makes me so sad (I have a lock of his)!

Shae said...

This is a wonderful idea!
It is something to cherish.

cailen ascher said...

what an adorable idea! so much better than storing all those treasured items away in a box : )

kristyo15 said...

LOVE it!! :)

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Oh this is SO sweet!!! Love my little friend Preston oh so much!!

Jumping Jack said...

That is such a sweet shadow box! I love all of the special little things in it and love that little boy too!

Breann said...

LOOOOOOVE!!
I just put Logan's bandaids from his first shots in the baby book I am making...

Kendall said...

I love it! It's so sweet and sucha wonderful idea.

Kelsey said...

perfection!

Newlywed Next Door said...

What a cute idea! Nice job.

Lenzi said...

Absolutely loving this! I am a hoarder as well. Wear the title proudly :) Such a great way to remember everything your little man has already overcome!

Travis and Amanda said...

You have such great ideas!! I'm going to try this one since I have a shadow box that was given to me as a shower gift and I never knew what to do with it.

Amber said...

That is adorable! I love shadow boxes, they're the best :)

Kit said...

This is amazing and holds SO many priceless memories!

Kristin said...

This is so neat! Where did you get this shadow box? Will you email me please and tell me. kristin(at)fabulous-fete(dot)com

Happiness Is... said...

I love this - the perfect solution to the stuff I have sitting in a shoebox. When you get a second (ha! I know they are hard to come by), will you share where you got the box and how you attached it all?

Stefenie said...

Very neat! I absolutely love it. You can definitely see the amount of love in all of the wonderful keepsakes you have tucked away in that shadow box!

Theres just life said...

What a great job you did. All those memories in one place.

Pamela Jo
http://theresjustlifeyaliveit.blogspot.com

emily said...

What a beautiful shadowbox. Just saw your link from Honey We're Home. I'm looking forward to meeting you at the blogger meet up. Your son is just precious -- thanks for sharing his story.