Thursday, April 14, 2011

product of the week: walgreen's app

via
Is an app considered a product? Even if it's free? Well anyhow, I'm so grateful for the Walgreen's app especially since I'm now responsible for picking up five different prescriptions on a monthly basis (all due for refills at different times of the month might I add). Gone are the days of those annoying automated answering systems, pushing button after button, and long hold times. 

With the app you can scan the barcode on the prescription and it will automatically be refilled at the same store (or you can change to another store of your choice).  Just like when calling over the phone the app will give you a date and time to pick up your prescription. Supposedly you can also sign up to receive a text message when the 'script is ready, but I haven't been successful in figuring that out just yet.



7 comments:

Krystal said...

i am continuously amazed at what we can do with our phones, seriously!
thanks for your nice note on my photo blog, it means a lot!

Laura@Cowboy Boots said...

i'm still old school...no iphone yet haha

Cheryl E. said...

Awesome. I had no idea! Love my blackberry but kinda secretly want an iphone.

Breann said...

I think I figured it out on the website to get an email when the scrip is ready, and that works. I will do some diggin!

Michelle said...

I called the pharmacy and THEY put me on autofill so now I get a text when it's ready and if dr needs to be called they do that in time to still get me my monthly refill on time!
Nnniiiiiicccccceeee....
Love the zoo too! Haven't been in soooo long, so it was reLy nice to go with you on here ;)
Xoxoxo

Tamara Lambert said...

Same here. The pharmacy set me up for texts to my Blackberry when scripts are ready! Just ask them'cause they can set you up real quick, in like 5 seconds.

ashley said...

This is incredible! Makes life sooo much less complicated.. I can't tell you how many lists I have to keep (I use my crackberry for everything, but I'm so fearful that technology is going to crash on me that I back up everything the old fashion way: lists & calendars).