Sunday, May 1, 2011

365 days ago...


May 1st, 2010 ... the day I found out I was pregnant (looking back though it was fairly obvious when I woke up craving fast food and scarfed down a biscuit, hashbrown, AND an apple pie from McDonald's). I still remember every single detail of that day especially watching Mr. Gherkin's reaction when I gave him this ...


I prayed for conception. God granted that. Then I prayed for a healthy baby, and in the end (and after a lot of prayer on our behalf and yours) God granted that. 

We're off to the cardiologist tomorrow for a check up.  They will sedate Preston this time for his echo... I'm a little anxious about the sedation.  With the way this guy has been eating I'm pretty sure his heart function is getting better and stronger, but I will still be flooding the gates of Heaven with prayer tomorrow for a good report.


11 comments:

Happiness Is... said...

What a sweet memory!

Will have you all in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow - it is always so nerve-wracking to have any procedures, but I know he will do just fine!

Mrsuglesich said...

I will keep you and your little one in my prayers tomorrow! Good luck Preston!

Mrs. Mama said...

one of the greatest moments in life... hands down. :)

Jenn Smith said...

Oh what Precious memories! I'm praying for Baby P and for a calmness during the appointment!

Missy said...

An amazing day...I still remember when we found out like it was yesterday!!

I know everything will go great tomorrow!! Sending prayers for my sweet boy!

Emailing you about plans for June!!

emily said...

What special memories. I'll be thinking about you guys tomorrow!

Betsy Lauren said...

Prayers for sweet baby Preston! I know God will completely heal his little heart! Betsy

amy darbonne said...

Sending prayers to you and the little guy this morning!!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Jessica said...

MANY prayers for P tomorrow!

I love Prestons Bib! Curious as to how you told Mr. Gerkin! Did you wait & have the bib made to tell him?

Perfectly Imperfect said...

What a special year it has been!!!! Pray right now for this appt!!

aggie said...

I remember the day you told me in your office you were expecting and how excited I was for you! So much as happened 365 days later...it's amazing where one year can take us! Thank God for Preston and his great parents! Love you guys