Monday, May 2, 2011

and the doctor said...

Preston's heart function is "totally normal." 
Can you believe it? This guy went from being on the verge of heart failure in utero to having (and I quote) "totally normal" heart function. One valve (the mitral) still looks a little sloppy as a result of his defect in utero, but it's working almost perfectly. As for the rest of his heart, it functions normally and is much improved.
Whew! I felt like she was going to say his heart function was improved, but I wasn't expecting "totally normal."  Today's visit went so well that I told Mr. Gherkin as we were leaving that I felt as if maybe the doctor wasn't be totally honest with me about his status.  He told me to quit being so hormonal reassured me.  I give God all the glory for such a healing and for working through the doctors and surgeons to mend Preston's heart.  This doesn't mean that I won't quit praying ... I will continue to pray for him every single day.  That's my job, right?  As he grows there will be other things that must be checked out (like his coronary arteries and whether or not they are compromised in any way and we'll trust that his valves continue to function well), but I will try not to worry about that today. Today we will celebrate! If there's anything I learned through this whole process is to live in today and not worry about tomorrow. 
Thank you for all your sweet and kind words and for your thoughts and prayers today!

{all images via}

35 comments:

In this wonderful life... said...

yay yay yay!!!! This is AMAZING NEWS! Praise God!!!

Missy said...

Such amazing new, the tears of happiness are flowing!
GOD IS SO GOOD!!

Love y'all!

Jessica DeWitt said...

The funny thing about this whole blogging thing is how much you become apart of someone's life even though you've never even seen them in real life.
Just as I was reading about your little Sweet P's great news I got chilly bumps like it was new about any baby here that I get to see everyday.
I am so happy for you and always continue to pray for y'all.
I hope to meet The Pickle Family one day!

Breann said...

I believe we need margaritas to celebrate!!! WOOHOO P!

Queen Bee said...

Such wonderful new!! PTL!!

mrs.mfc said...

That is fabulous news!!!!!!

Clara said...

So happy to hear!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Jessica said...

My heart is throbbing while tears rolls down my cheeks!

Wonderful news! I am so happy for Preston, You, & Mr. Gerkin! :) May GOD continue to bless you.

Betsy Lauren said...

Praise be to God! So happy for you and your family.

Kristen@fit2feelbetter said...

So glad that you heard good news. Yes, our God is good. It was good to meet you the other day and wished we could have talked more. Maybe next time? Happy celebrations today.

Brooke said...

High 5 Preston! That puts a smile on my face so I can't even imagine what it puts on your's :)

Lisa Johnson said...

Yay, Preston! So happy for you and your awesome mommy and daddy. Love and prayers always.

Theres just life said...

Great news. I am so happy for Preston and his parents. Still send you love and prayers.

Pamela Jo

Theres just life said...

Great news. I am so happy for Preston and his parents. Still send you love and prayers.

Pamela Jo

Happiness Is... said...

God is good!

Kit said...

This is fantastic news!!! God is awesome!

Libby's Life said...

Praise GOD! I am so happy for you and your little guy. And I am sure that the doctor was telling you the complete truth that is there job... if they didn't and something was actually wrong and they didn't tell you you would have a huge lawsuit against them and they don't want that! So praise God for healing your little guy! :) So happy for you!

Kaitlyn @ The Birds Nest said...

Saw you over at Megan's Honey We're Home...just became your newest follower... your son's story is amazing ~ God Blessings to you and your family!

Casey said...

Awesome news Tiffanie!!!

Shannon said...

What amazing news! Praise God for sure!

XO

Amanda @ New Adventures said...

I just learned of your story and I am so happy for guys! That is such amazing news....God is good :)

Decorchick! said...

Tiffanie I am SO glad to hear this!! Megan gave me a little background on your sweet Preston before our meet up last weekend and I couldn't believe everything y'all have been through. Praise God for the great news today!!
xxoo, Emily

Elsa said...

Amazing news!!! It was so nice to meet you this weekend, I'm catching up on everyone's blog. God is good!!

Donald said...

Awesome news!!!

Tracy: said...

So amazing! What a miracle and a sweet blessing!! Praise HIM!

chair up said...

Such a testimony to God's amazing grace. Thanks for letting us share the journey :o)
Angex

French Lover said...

What a relief ! I'm so so happy to hear Preston is doing so good :)

Cheryl E. said...

How amazing! Congrats! God is such a miracle worker.

Kelly said...

Amazing News Tiffanie... I am so so happy for yall.. Preston is a doll and growing so fast! What a great Post!! Thank you God!

love Dink

Sarah @Newlywed and Decorating said...

I am so happy to hear this news! God is so faithful!

emily said...

What a blessing!

MJ said...

Yay!! That is amazing...truly wonderful!

abby @ tales and trials said...

Wonderful news!!

Amanda said...

yay God!!! this is great news!!!!

Megan {Honey We're Home} said...

That is the best news ever! I'm sure that makes this mother's day even sweeter! Enjoy your day mama! My hubby went to be early tonight- good, I told him, because you're getting up with the baby tomorrow! :)