Friday, May 6, 2011

ramblings of the week.

First up, happy birthday to my nephew, Hunter!  It's his golden birthday y'all.  He turned five on Cinco de Mayo. Yep, that's 5 on 5/5.  


Preston had a really off night on Wednesday night. Instead of going to sleep at 10 pm, he decided it was time to party. I feel asleep at 11:30 pm with him still talking and cooing in his bed.  When I woke up about 1 a.m. to check on him, I found him completely unswaddled with his pants completely off.  I mean, really? He's four months old and already taking his clothes off.  Poor guy was freezing, but sound asleep.  Instead of wrestling to get his pants back on I just grabbed him and put him in bed with us.  He slept the rest of the night. 


Ch-ch-ch-anges are coming around here. That's all I can say right now, but we're excited. Change can certainly be scary and anxiety provoking but this just sort of serendipitously fell in our lap.  Stay tuned. I should be able to share in the next couple of weeks (and no, I'm not pregnant).

via
Finally, happy mother's day! My sweetness is being able to celebrate my first mother's day with my baby. 

via
p.s. Thanks for my sweet mother's day gift, Allison!


8 comments:

Missy said...

Now you have my head spinning, I dont think I can wait weeks for this news!!

That is too funny that he is already undressing himself! Love it!

Hope that you have a wonderful first Mother's Day with Sweet P!

(check your email...sending you some pics I came across from SB '03..ha)

Just the Two of US said...

Happy Mother's Day To you!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Sweet P! Apparently the kid wants to be naked!!! Ha ha!!!

Happy Mothers Day to you! Cherish it! It's your first mothers day for the rest of your life :)

Love y'all!

Life Behind the Ivy said...

Oh my gosh- this cracks me up! When I was a kid I HATED clothes- like took them off EVERYWHERE including at the grocerty store- i'm sure my poor mother was mortified, but I don't know if I started that young!

Laura@Cowboy Boots said...

ok imagine if he gets out of his pants this easily imagine when you find a diaper of poo in his crib!...not on child! haha

ohhh exciting news! i love happy news! it's ur moving to dallas huh?! hee hee funny how everyone always assumes a baby. i'm guilty too!

Elsa said...

Happy early mother's day!!

Megan {Honey We're Home} said...

I have an 8 year old nephew Hunter:) And I see you have a little stripper on your hands! So far, James has only managed to pull an arm out of his sleeve!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

That cracks me up that he's already taking his pants off! Such a boy ;) BG took her jammie pants off the other day while she was playing. But hasn't done it at night yet. Silly kids :)

Hope you're having a great first Mother's Day!!