Wednesday, June 1, 2011

{baby} product of the week: cool mee seat liner

 After witnessing a major Preston melt down a couple of weeks ago on the way to the pediatrician's office because he was too hot in his infant seat, I went on the hunt for a seat liner that would help prevent over heating especially since it'll be 100 degrees in Houston soon. 

After some online research I ordered one of these from Amazon.  
via
I was a little reluctant at first, but it's product of the week because we had a two hour car ride this holiday weekend that was free of any major meltdowns.  When I got him of his seat after the two hours he was a tad bit warm (aren't all babies), but not at all sweaty and hot like he was before I purchased this seat. 

So I lost a couple of points for forgetting to pack pajamas for my baby this weekend (major mommy fail)... but I think I redeemed myself a little with this clever addition. 

9 comments:

Cheryl E. said...

OMG I had no idea these even existed. I am on my way to Amazon right now to order some! Thanks for this awesome product review.

Breann said...

Awesome! I hear ya... it's already so darn hot!

elizabeth said...

I can't believe I didn't know about this...thanks! With 2 girls, getting in the car can be a lil' dramatic at times. I'm hoping this with help with that :)

Anonymous said...

I would just caution you about using any after market product, such as this one, in a car seat. When we had our first baby, we wanted to use a piddle pad, and our certified car seat tech who ensured the seat was properly installed said there should never ever be anything in the seat that didn't come as part of it. Using such a product can void the manufacturer's warranty, as well as create a safety hazard should you, God forbid, ever get into a car accident. Just because a product is marketed as baby friendly doesn't mean it is safe to use.

Libby's Life said...

Oh my gosh thank you for posting about this. I had no idea these even existed but my son always feels like he's burning up or is a hot sweaty mess when I get him out of the car... even in the winter! I think that this would really help with that. So thank you! I am definitely going to go order one of these.

Kristin said...

That is so funny about the pj's! We forgot a few MAJOR necessities when we went to the beach this weekend! HA! We are learning as we go!

No harm No foul!
:) Kristin

Travis and Amanda said...

This is WONDERFUL especially since they have to be rear facing until there 2 and my car doesn't have air vents that face that direction.

Laura@Cowboy Boots said...

i bought one of those silver reflective covers to put over the seat when you get out of the car. it really really helped too. when the car gets all hot at least the car seat was burning up when you put ur baby in!

Katie Jones said...

Wow, I didnt know they even made these! Also, I just discovered your blog and now I'm obsessed with it and am going back through all of your posts, so.....you may get a lot of comments from me :)