Wednesday, June 22, 2011

product of the week: monistat chafing gel

This week's product of the week is brought to you by Aly from Analyze This. I adore this gal, and she adores Preston.  Seriously, she has a heart of gold and is no doubt one of P's biggest fans. She loves to spoil him and shower him with gifts which makes his mommy smile!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, I know you are thinking this is for your thighs. And honestly, it is. But you know where you can put this for AMAZING results with a fraction of the price? Your face. 

I use Monistat's Chafing Gel as a foundation primer! I know, I know ... you're thinking why would I put something on my face that is manufactured by a company that deals with vaginas all day .... But honesty, this stuff works and it has nothing to do with your lady parts!

The smooth, silk-like cream is non-fragrant and gives your face the perfect canvas for you to begin your makeup regimen. Even if you don't wear foundation, it still can be used in combo with concealer or powder.

Smashbox cosmetics makes something almost identical to this product called "Photo Finish Primer" .... It performs the same way as the Monistat Gel, but for a lot less! (Smashbox may be the more popular brand that has a product like this, but there are others as you can see below.)

(Price breakdown of all the products .... Photo credit)

I personally love this product for a number of reasons:
- Non fragrant
- Helps with oily skin
- Pore size is reduced
- Skin is soft and silky
- PRICE

(Special thanks to Tiffanie for asking me to showcase one of my favorite products! You can read about my daily shenanigans here.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Aly for being here.  You know I love you, and I just knew you wouldn't let me down (especially when you asked if it was ok that you use the word vagina on my blog.) ha!


10 comments:

Amber said...

I can vouch for this! It's totally comparable to the higher end primers I've used in the past and it's better than the drug store brand that I've tried (and still cheaper).

This is a great tip!

Miss Chelsea said...

hmmm i may have to try this!

Laura@Cowboy Boots said...

i need wrinkle cream for my not so funny laugh lines

Anonymous said...

I am not sure what to make of this. I guess it makes sense but I am a little disturbed by it. You are so creative!

Brandi @ Home Team Dreams said...

Aly is so right! Monistat Chafing Gel is great for priming and it's affordable! Trust us, it works! :)

Mateya said...

I've worn this for a couple years now...I love it! So cheap!

Phil and Darby Hawley said...

Tiffani, I just found you on "Life and Love of a Parrothead" and just love your blog! I'm your newest follower :-)

ashley said...

Aly. I love you, but I am going to stick with my makeup primers. Not sure I want to carry around that kind of cream in my makeup bag. ;) Plus what do you do when your travel with a carry on? ;P

Diane Haynes said...

I bought it. I use it. It does make a difference. I am turning my Mom onto this ! as I have extra. Sending some home with her.
Thank you Tiffanie :)

Becca said...

I bought it and LOVE it! To everyone who is skeptical... do yourself a favor and get it. It works the same, if not better, than any high priced face primer. Thanks Aly!