Friday, July 22, 2011

blessings.

 Today is the one year anniversary of my perinatologist appointment ...
the appointment during which she told me about Preston's broken heart and then held me as I cried on the exam table. 

Even though our situation turned out much better than we expected and Preston's heart has been mended, July 22nd is a date that I will never forget.
Man, what a year. Was it tough?  The hardest year of my life.
Was it worth it? Absolutely!


There's a song out by Laura Story called "Blessings" that I can totally relate to these days. It goes a little like this...
That's a free printable above, by the way, that can be found here.
Tonight my little family and I are going to have fish tacos at the very same Berryhill we ate at last year on July 22nd. This year, though, we'll have plenty of smiles to share across the table instead of tears and looks of despair.

Have a great weekend, friends, and thanks for your continuous support over the past year.


19 comments:

Shae said...

So happy that you are able to celebrate this day this year. Happy day! :)

♥Cait said...

I absolutely love this song! It truly has deep meaning and inspiration filled within its lyrics. So glad today you can celebrate a healthy life! Enjoy! --xoxo

Stefenie said...

I cry every time I hear that song. How true those words are to us!

I agree.....it has all been absolutely worth it!

Melissa said...

So amazing! I'm so happy for you and your family! Enjoy tonight :)

Missy said...

It was definately a year of many ups and downs, but everything ended up just as we prayed it would!! Preston is perfect and such a blessing!

Love you guys!! Kiss that sweet boy for me!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Jessica said...

Tears of joy! I'm so happy for your family! Thank you GOD for precious miracles!

Have fun tonight! XoXo to sweet P!

A Big Little Life said...

I love that quote! What a special day to count your blessings!

Megan said...

Love that printable! I think I will frame it and put it in my apartment. I am glad things worked out so well for you.

Lisa Johnson said...

P is such a blessing and certainly a miracle. I'm so happy for you guys and I hope you have so much fun celebrating tonight! Hug that sweet boy for us!

Stephanie said...

Isn't it amazing how things manage to work themselves out sometimes? Hope you have a great time celebrating your sweet little blessing! :)

Happiness Is... said...

What a blessing. And how much life changes in a year. Enjoy your evening!

Newlywed and Decorating said...

I love that song!! And I am so happy that everything turned out ok for Preston! Prayers work!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

what a year you have had! praise God that things worked out the way they did :)

Natalie | The Bobby Pin said...

I love that song. I have had a hard year too... and sometimes those things that give us strength are so amazing to just cling to!

Mrs. Mama said...

what a year it has been. so happy for you and your family!

Laura@Cowboy Boots said...

i'm so glad your story had such a fantastic outcome. this day can now be one of joy instead of sorrow!!!

emily said...

What sweet lyrics. And so thankful for your sweet blessing.

MJ @ 517 Creations said...

Thank you for posting about my printable! I have loved reading your story. :)

Megan {Honey We're Home} said...

I cannot even imagine what you've been through this past year. I'm am beyond thrilled that Preston is happy and healthy now and y'all are getting to just enjoy him now. Such a blessing. I want to meet him!! :)