Wednesday, July 6, 2011

sprucing things up.

Until last week a plain, old boring shade had been occupying our laundry room. It's been there since before we moved in. I'm not a huge fan of it, but hey it's a laundry room and secondly I've mentioned that Mr. Gherkin put me on a budget, right!?

So I ordered a monogrammed decal from this etsy seller (for a very reasonable price and on sale) and threw it on there.

The application was super easy ... the key was taking the shade down and rolling it out on a flat surface before applying.

I like how the decal dressed it up, and of course a monogram looks great on anything.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for all the sweet comments on the previous post about Preston's baptism. You guys rock!



11 comments:

mrs.mfc said...

That looks great!!!

Jenn Smith said...

You are so creative!! This really makes the room stand out!!

Elsa said...

This looks great! I may have to try it in my kitchen.

Surviving Suburbia said...

very cool

Melissa said...

such a fun idea...aren't budgets just great?? ha!

Ashley Paige said...

Could you perhaps send a little creativity over this way? LOVE THAT!! the perfect little accent! what a great idea!

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness, what a fun and easy idea! Good job!

Lisa Johnson said...

Cute cute! And happy baptism to sweet little Preston! What a blessing he is!

In this wonderful life... said...

how fun! love it!

Missy said...

Oooh! I am loving that!

Newlywed and Decorating said...

Your laundry room is gorgeous! You have great taste!