Wednesday, July 20, 2011

until next year.

 Know the worst part about vacations?
They must end and all too quickly it seems.
Our first vacation as a family of three was one for the record books, and a good time was had by all.

This is the view we woke up to each morning...
the Texas hill country.

And this ... our backyard.

I already miss these kiddos like crazy.

Our days looked a lot like this...


And our nights... full of adult beverages, baby monitors, and laughter.

We also did a little rodeoing @ Crider's.

We didn't want to leave, and Preston voiced his unhappiness about leaving a number of times on the car ride home.  
Thank the Lord (and Erin and Allie) for our PraiseBaby DVD ... it helped maintain our sanity on the way home. 

I think we definitely started a tradition and we're looking forward to next year's trip.


8 comments:

Samantha said...

I love the comment about nights being filled w laughing, adult beverages and baby monitors--so true!

Laura@Cowboy Boots said...

♥ PRAISE BABY...i borrowed a dvd from a neighbor and i took 8m to give it back haha...good thing she's my best friend!!!

Missy said...

What a great vacation!! So glad you guys had such a great time! Sounds like my kind of nights!!

I need to get this PraiseBaby DVD!

Jules said...

Ryan and I are headed there on Weds.... without Bennett :( I'm so nervous to leave him for 3 days, but so excited to get away for a couple of days!! I'm glad y'all had a good vacay!

Megan said...

I am a new follower. I just looked at the pictures of your home. It is beautiful! I am a wanna be interior designer also!

Newlywed and Decorating said...

That's the best kind of vacation- beautiful scenery and great people! I want to get a PraiseBaby CD or DVD too! :)

Happiness Is... said...

Aw, looks like fun! I am hoping we take our first vacation just the 3 of us (we've been to the beach with the fam) son!

A Big Little Life said...

Looks like a great trip. P looks adorable!