Wednesday, August 31, 2011

excuse my absence.


I've been a tad bit preoccupied lately, and blogging has been last on my list. What's kept me so busy you ask?

Well, besides this little guy (and baby proofing my house now that I have a crawler)...
Mr. P in his Keith Haring pjs.  I think the heart design is cute and appropriate, don't you? 

I'm officially on The Hunger Games train. Better late than never, huh?  I don't remember who all recommended The Hunger Games when I asked for new book recommendations, but it was quite a few of you.  Too bad none of you warned me about how addicting the books are!  Seriously, I go to bed dreaming about Katniss and Peeta, y'all.  I need a life.


It's almost time for football, and I've readied my fantasy football team.  I had to up the ammi this year.  My friend, Aimee, won last year after picking her team based on who was the cutest, who had the best dreads, who didn't fight dogs or use drugs.  I'm not nearly as creative and had to do some homework (aka consult my all-knowing, sports-loving father on who to pick).  It's a couples league, guys against girls, so there's been quite a bit of trash talking around here this week (especially since Gherkin stole one of the guys I wanted).  It's crazy how competitive the Gherk and I get over this fantasy football stuff.  Let the fun begin...


I'm trying to start studying for my recertification exam.  It's so hard to do (there's a ton of other things I would rather be doing), but I got to get with it.  Know what I mean?



Finally, we're headed back to the hospital tonight to visit with my PawPaw one last time before he gets discharged home and is two hours away.  Continued prayers, especially for peace and comfort, are coveted.

I should be back up and running over the next few weeks (especially since I have some fun product reviews and giveaways coming in that I can't wait to share).

Until then, hip hip hooray for Labor Day and long weekends.  Toodles

{all images above are  my own or from google }


7 comments:

Happiness Is... said...

Good luck studying - I have 2 friends who are PAs and that was intense!

Continued prayers for your grandfather, and enjoy the holiday weekend!

Alice said...

I read all 3 Hunger Games books in 6 days! I still dream about it. March 2012 cannot get here quick enough!!

Laura @ My Thoughts-Uninterrupted said...

The Hunger Games series is amazing! You will love it, promise. A crawler will definitely keep you busy. Let all the fun adventures begin! New follower - found you through Blue-Eyed Bride.

Allyson said...

I LOVED the Hunger Games series and I got my sister to read them so we talked about Katniss and Peeta like they were friends or something. HAHA!

Mommyblogger said...

Sounds like you have a lot going on. Take your time & get all your "real life" business in order. Us bloggers will be here when you return.

Prayers for your Grandpa coming your way.

Brooke said...

Oh, the life of a busy mama! How do we get it all in? And I'm with you. I got stuck on The Hunger Games a few months ago, whipped through them and also had dreams of Peeta and the gang. Yes, I was literally in The Games with them. Prayers for your PawPaw!

Anonymous said...

snazzy pjs Mr. Preston