Wednesday, August 24, 2011

what I know now.


one-- The ABC song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune.
Go ahead...
Finished singing yet? I'm right, huh?  If not the same, then very similar. And to think I've known both songs for 30 years and just realized.

 two-- I couldn't survive, or actually my baby wouldn't survive, without mommy networks.  Thank God for my mommy friends especially all you twitter mommies who will reply within seconds when I need formula recommendations or when it's 9 pm and my baby is vomiting.  And my "mom hour" girls... Sunday's mom hour rocked.  I love you gals.

three--  Not all diapers are created equal.  Last week Preston woke up screaming with a wet sleep sack and wet pjs... Huggies.  Tuesday, 3 am, Preston is wet and screaming again... Huggies.  Thought I would give them a try, but Huggies at night are a no go. (for us at least)

four-- I don't know how I make it through some days.  I know you other moms can relate, right?  Don't leave me hanging here.  Being a mommy ain't easy and then add being a wife, chores, paying bills (and the children's hospital calling you every other week to remind you of your balance due even though you just made your monthly payment last week), quiet time/devotional time, blogging, mom hour (ha!)... and I still want to do more (like volunteer and give back to my community and my church).  One day my head will stop spinning, right?  Speaking of that, have you read the book, I Don't Know How She Does It?


It's a cute book, and I'm looking forward to the movie. It'll be a "mom hour" outing, ok?

five-- Despite spending a ton of money on some of the most fascinating toys on the market, my baby will still choose my cell phone or his grandpa's hat to play with time and time again. I don't get it.




13 comments:

Pam said...

I got two hours of sleep last night so I can definitely relate to four. and of all the dirty disgusting things to like, my son will stalk and hunt down flip-flops. We'll pretend he's never gotten to one and put it in his mouth.

The Exchange said...

I remember those days! It was very challenging. It's a lot of work and having friends and a network of momma's is the only way to survive!
Have a great day!
Cyndy

Cheryl E. said...

Isnt it crazy all the stuff new mommies learn. One would think it is common sense, not me. I learn as I got. This mommmy thing is no joke thats for sure. But im loving every minute of it.

druz75 said...

we use pampers baby dry at night. they are suppose to last 12 hours.

Breann said...

Oh man I want to go to Mom Hour!!
Huggies actually disintegrated on us, like the little beads were all over the place. We are in Pampers Cruisers right now and I haven't had a single issue...

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Jessica said...

Dang it!!! I had to sing it out to see.. and I most definitely agree with you.

I'm not a mom but can relate {a little} because I'm an Aunt to 9 and I'm very close to all of them. So, the diaper thing... {speaking for my sister} she agrees with your 100%.
I'm completely 110% sure you are not the only one out there who thinks they are going crazy. I can only imagine what being a Mother is like. I'm not even a MoM yet and I feel like your number 4.

Breath, hang in there. You got this. I've always been told, being a Mom {parent} is a never ending job & the HARDEST job out there.

A Big Little Life said...

I can't wait to see the movie I don't know how she does it. Women do it all. Kudos to you for doing it all!

Daphne Hope said...

I liked your post! As a first time mom of a 11.5 month old I can relate! I also agree about Huggies!

Bsanford said...

My girls and Kayla's girls all leaked through regular Huggies. I say regular because Huggies makes an overnight diaper. Our Lili leaked through every brand of diaper during the night until we came across the Huggies overnights, and they were a miracle! We bought one brand for use during the day and the Huggies overnight diapers for use only at night, and one pack lasted forever! Good luck!

and congrats to Mr. P on crawling!!!

Ben and Katie said...

Not a mom (yet) but being with Ben keeps me busy always!
I do have 15 nieces and nephs that I hang out with and when I am with them they sometimes drive me bonkers and are good birth control.
My dad has a pen and calendar always in his shirt pocket...what all the lil ones still go for!
You are doing awesome!

Happiness Is... said...

I read that book years ago before I even thought about getting married and it was good! It has been a movie in the making for-ever.

Meagan @ The Clanahan Fam said...

ha - these are all so true! Thanks for the smile. Oh, and we are totally Pampers here. We tried Huggies once and then I actually threw the rest of them away after changing 2 sets of pjs. And in regards to #4, I am sure our heads will stop spinning -- it just may be 17 years or so :)#5 It never ceases to amaze me that the twins literally have a toy store in the living room, yet they cry and beg at the TUPPERWARE cabinet. So now everytime I am putting away leftovers, I have to go on a hunt to find my tupperware lids. I am thinking that a tupperware set would be a really nice baby shower gift for my next friend who has a baby!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I could not agree more on the head spinning thing. I never think that I'm going to catch up. With everything going on, I barely feel like I'm staying afloat sometimes. Thank God Moms are like the strongest people ever!!