Friday, September 23, 2011

preston-isms: @ 8 months


The guy is a mess.  He never sits still.  Ever.  His sleeping habits are getting... awe, never mind about that.  (We don't talk about things that are going well around here for fear of jinxing our good streak.)

Here's what's been happening around here.

First up, I lost (as in misplaced) Preston last week. Mom of the year right here, folks.  Seriously, he was content on his playmat surrounded by a butt-load of toys to entertain him, I turned my back for one minute, and when I turned back around he was gone without a peep.

I could suddenly feel my heart beating in my throat.  How could I lose my baby in my own house?  After what seemed like eternity (when in all actuality it was merely a few seconds) I found him in the laundry room completely fascinated by the dryer. 


This happened not once but twice.

Preston thinks his new radio flyer wagon (it was supposed to be a Christmas present... I have no will power) is the coolest thing ever, and I think the fact that his daddy takes him around the block every evening in his little red wagon is just about the sweetest thing ever.


Happy weekend, people!


13 comments:

The Exchange said...

LOL! That is too funny! They are slippery and fast little munchkins. He is so CUTE! I could just eat him up.
Have a great weekend girl!

Cyndy

Jessi said...

so cute! I'm thinking JW needs a red wagon. Maybe for Christmas and Birthday. We have to start thinking about that. I can't believe he's 9 months. I have 3 months to get my act together! They grow so fast.

A Big Little Life said...

ADORABLE! Watching the dryer. It's the little things!

Laura@Cowboy Boots said...

I do that all the time with r. most of the time he is right in front of me but in my panic mode i can't see him. hubs thinks i'm insane...(what's new)

as for the radio flyer...my inlaws just bought that same one for lily for her bday...she's getting it tomorrow....i'm glad they kept it at their house...b/c i too have no will power and would have given it to her. i'm guessing reid will love it too

Meagan @ The Clanahan Fam said...

Sooo cute!!! I love that they are fascinated with the most simple things. Forget toys, just get a bunch of tupperware, have the dryer going, and dishwasher running. Entertainment for hours. Yeah, and don't worry too much about losing the kid thing. I turned my back for about 5 minutes the other day to finish up a project for work (still in the same room as them but just not paying close attention). It got really, really quiet which is never a good sign, looked up, saw neither child, saw bedroom door open (forbidden zone to them!) and Quinn was brushing Ryan's hair in the bathroom as he pulled the toilet paper off the roll. Nice. Scared me to death for a second and then it was kinda precious. As soon as my heart stopped leaping out of my chest.

elizabeth said...

HA Ha! they are fast once they start moving! H always asks to go for wagon rides and I love watching M pull him in!

Anonymous said...

time to start checkin out electric
transpotation soon

Casey said...

Tiffanie,
In this pic, Preston look so much like I remember your little brother looking as a kid!

Missy said...

That is hilarious! I would stare at myself in the dryer too if I was that cute!!

Virginia said...

Awe, don't feel so bad about temporarily "losing" Mr. P, the first time my little one decided he could move off his tummy time mat by himself resulted in a er visit and several x-rays for mommy. I left my previously immobile baby for just a second to wash a bottle and as I turned the corner back into the den, Britton had decided to follow me, and we met in the doorway (atleast 10 feet from where I had left him). Luckily, I had enough time to scream and jump over him...landing on my ankle and then my hip!!! Luckily, I was just the sorest I've ever been in my entire life and nothing was broken:)

Breann said...

He looks like a little man!!! I love him and we need a play date SOON!

Dianna said...

He looks so cute in the wagon!

emily said...

How much fun is he having in that wagon?!