Wednesday, October 19, 2011

are you smarter than a baby?


Most of the time, no, but I've got P's number on the whole water drinking dilemma. 

He just isn't a fan of sipping water which is what I give him to practice his sippy cup abilities.  I'm afraid that once he's a year and it's time to let him have all the water he wants he won't want any at all. 


So I took a couple fresh strawberries, chopped them into small pieces, dropped them into an ice cube tray (of course it would be a pineapple tray), added water, and let them freeze overnight. 


Voila.


If he's not interested in his water I'll just drop one into a sippy cup full of water and we're golden.  Not only did this entice him to drink a substantial amount of water last week, he even managed to hold and drink from his sippy cup on his own.  Attaboy!

Preston's top tooth just popped through, and we also found these useful in his fresh food feeders which helped numb his gums quickly.

It's also been a nice way to introduce strawberries a little at a time to make sure P doesn't have any reaction to them.  So far so good.  




8 comments:

Danielle said...

I'm so happy Preston is a few months old than Rowen so I can steal all of these great ideas!!

Breann said...

Logan likes diluted apple juice. He drinks nearly a whole 6 oz sippy a day!

Missy said...

We love the fresh food feeders! Love the ice cube idea (and the tray!) I put a tiny splash of white grape juice in Parks sippy cup with his water!

Jessica Drew ♥ said...

Very smart! Way to go P!

Laura@Cowboy Boots said...

i love those strawberry things...just not the clean up of them.....

as for sippy cups..which one you try? reid doesn't even drink from a bottle so getting to suck on stuff is a chore

Our Baby "D" said...

What a great idea! I feel like I tried EVERYTHING to get G to drink water, and one day recently he just finally gave in. Keep it up :)

Aly @ Analyze This said...

I am having P and T withdrawls!!! I have been slacking at blogging lately ... shame on me!

I can't wait to have babies ... you have taught me SO much!!

Take good care and give P some big hugs from me!

Happiness Is... said...

I've just been giving Thatcher a splash of Gerber juice in his sippy cup, and he loves it. He still doesn't totally get it, but he likes it. Love ths strawberry idea - genius!