Friday, October 14, 2011

bringing back the 80s.


Remember when we used puff paint to decorate everything?  Hello, 1980s!
My aunts had quite the collection of puff paint back in the day, and I loved playing with it.

Never thought I would ever break out the puff paint ever again, but that's exactly what I headed to Hobby Lobby to buy this week.  I'm thinking they call it "puffy" paint now??

Now that Preston's pulling up and walking around the furniture, "grippers" on his socks and footies are a must.  Problem is that many of his footie pajamas aren't non-skid, but crisis averted...with puff paint.


I took his Zutano booties (found on clearance earlier in the year) and the said bottle of puff paint that resulted in me spending way more money than I intended to at Hobby Lobby and ta-da. 



In the mornings I just slip these on over Preston's footie pjs and we're golden until it's time to get dressed. I may need to add some more dots of puff paint, but so far we've had no slips.

Thanks to pinterest, I'm already planning my next puff paint project... stay tuned.  


10 comments:

Dianna said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!!

Mrs. Mama said...

genius!

Maria said...

Didn't know about this, thanks for the idea! Gotta be careful with these mobile, non-stop babies. Can't wait to see what else you come up with :)

Cheryl E. said...

What a great idea!!! I would have never thought of this. And heck you might as well do a little craft yourself with all that puffy paint...bring back the 80's girl :)

Jess ♥ said...

You go girl! I'll have to remember this!

Hobby Lobby + half a mile from my office = empty wallet!

Ashley Paige said...

Brilliant!!!

SushiMama said...

That is pretty darn smart- I'll need to remember this!

Laura@Cowboy Boots said...

ok first off YOU HAVE GORGEOUS HANDWRITING...(you and aly both..shesh i'm envious)

great idea...i ♥ pinterest

Virginia said...

Genius:) Just walking around the Hobby Lobby makes me think of all the fun projects I want to attempt. Unfortunately, I'm not nearly as crafty as I want to be. I still have a sewing machine sitting unopened in the box after visions of homemade valances and monogrammed bibs made me buy this rather expensive machine in a spur of the moment decision. Obviously, I was temporarily under the delusion that I had suddenly grown a crafty gene.

nikinikinine said...

I just posted about zutano booties and one of my readers linked me to your blog! This is awesome. The slip factor was my biggest worry. These booties are the best though.

Thanks for the awesome (easy) DIY fix.