Tuesday, October 4, 2011

what's on my mind: neat freak


I loved reading all the comments on my previous what's on my mind post.  Thank you! And to think that my nerves almost got the best of me and I almost didn't post... 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's what's on my mind this week:

The type A personality in me loves a clean house.  There's just something about having things organized and knowing where everything is when I need it that is so satisfying to this crazed perfectionist.

That being said I was a bit worried about if and how I would come to terms about having a well organized and tidy house taken over by toys and baby products.

BUT...

Oddly enough I'm actually loving it.  There's just something about seeing Preston throwing his books on his shelf that makes me want to scream... in a good way!  I love to see him learning and developing his autonomy in this world.  Prepare yourself for sappiness... it makes me such a proud and joyful mommy to see toys, my child's toys, scattered throughout my house.



Now if I could just remember that it's ok if the laundry piles up every once a while and realize that, yes, life will go on if I forget to do the dishes after dinner.

I pray that I will remain this light hearted and that I will continue to find such joy in seeing that a lived in house means we are truly living.  I may just print the quote pictured below and frame it so I'm reminded of this day after day. 




13 comments:

Laura @ My Thoughts-Uninterrupted said...

This is so something I need to remember because let's face it when you have kids, it's impossible to keep an impeccable house 24/7. Love the quote.

Megan said...

This is definitely one of the biggest things I struggle with too! It's a challenge to find the balance between a clean-ish house and a place that's fun for our kids! Thinking I need to put that quote on the fridge so I can see it every day:)

Kelli said...

I don't mind the toys and books... its the clothes everywhere. Both of our kids are now old enough to dress themselves (almost 3 and almost 4). They change their clothes a million times a day!!! I just have to remember that they are getting plenty of practice, plus its really cute to see what they end up picking for themselves.

Cheryl E. said...

Oh goodness I know this feeling. Its so hard to let go but once you do its actually not that bad. By the end of the day you can look around the house and know you all had a good time by the mess that is left.

Maria said...

My son has a ton of toys but chooses to play with paper towels, books, my phone. Basically anything that is not his. But I sure enjoy watching him explore and learn to use things in his own way. It's nice to just stop and enjoy this time without worrying about laundry and dirty dishes.

P.S. He's close in age to Preston; born on 1.12.11.

Laura@Cowboy Boots said...

we used to have 5 drawers at my desk in the kitchen ...each organized ....for the past 2 yrs it looks like a bomb in each drawer....i had to give up and know that in a few more years they will be perfect again. it's embarrassing thought when someone comes over and opens one to get something....(blushes) ummm haha

Stefenie said...

Love the quote! Sooo very true!!

Lynett said...

I don't have kids yet but I feel like that is something I'm going to have a challenge with also. I don't do well with messes, or toys everywhere, but- the child has to play right?! I'm sure, like you I'll get used to it!!! P is such a cutie! I can't believe he's so big already!!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Aww! He could make a mess in my house ANY DAY ... Ok, maybe not. But how could you be upset with that sweet face?!

Happiness Is... said...

I swear we are the same person. Thatcher was throwing his books tonight and I loved it. Something so beautiful about a baby making a mess :)

Mommyblogger said...

I so agree with you! There are many days that my oldest has something school/social related & that I can't clean house. I get frustrated but always try to remember that she is 12 & soon enough I will no longer be running her here & there. I need to enjoy it while I can!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.. You spent most of your time in a "LIVED IN" house with lots and lots of Love. MawMaws. So like she told me one time, "You can either kept a clean clean house and enjoy your children as they grow up in your Home."

Besides you can never find your keys no matter what shape your house is in. lol

KK

Anonymous said...

Or not and one the above comment. Would be great to do both.

oops