Tuesday, November 8, 2011

i'm a pansie lover.


Pansies are my absolute favorite fall/winter flowers.  

via
Mr. Gherkin and I have started a little tradition of planting pansies together every fall.  We've done it every year since we've been home owners so this would make it our fifth year of pansy-planting.  We always pick a weekend, and we always do it together.  It's something I look forward to each year. 

via

This weekend we spontaneously decided it would be our pansy-planting weekend and we did just that on Sunday afternoon.  I'm usually partial to the yellow pansies, but I switched it up this year and we planted a mixture of purple and white pansies. 

Turns out that we planted pansies the very same weekend last year.  How do I remember you ask? Well, because exactly one year ago this past weekend our main baby shower took place and we threw those pansies in just before our out of town guests arrived in town. 




3 comments:

kristyo15 said...

We put pansies in our front yard last week...when I saw 'we', I mean Rey. He put in a new sprinkler system too, we're movin' on up. ;)

Purple and white...you know it's the Lumberjack in y'all. :)

Laura@Cowboy Boots said...

i'm a gerber daisy kind of girl..i used to plant them and by fall the orange ones would be left. made for great pics w/my pumpkins with the kids

as for a yr ago at this time...seems like ages ago huh! hard to imagine our lives w/o our babies!!!

Samantha said...

I love this tradition!