Tuesday, December 13, 2011

fa.la.la.la.la.


Don't mind the stomach bug that landed me in bed for two days and forget that mommy freak out that happened on Sunday morning before church because my baby boy still doesn't have a pair of saddle shoes (trying to figure out a sizing issue) ... because this is the best time of the year. 

Having a little one to celebrate with this year has been, well, pretty unbelievable.


We've hung our stockings by the chimney (with care, of course).  Preston knew which stocking was his immediately.  Baby genius, I swear. (I only kid)


My little lumberjack picked out and took home his very first Christmas tree.


Toddler-friendly tree = success.  Sneak peek in the picture below (if your eyes will let you get past the cuteness tippy-toeing onto the coffee table).


Preston (with mommy's help) painted his first piece of art.  Watch out, van Gogh!


I bailed on my office Christmas party on Saturday night because my stomach couldn't fathom the thought of squeezing into cocktail attire and participating in cocktails (did I mention I had been vomiting for over 24 hours?).   Because we already had a sitter and because we were celebrating 5 years of wedded bliss, we threw on some comfy clothes (aka jeggings) and headed to the movies. I know I'm late to the game, but I finally got to see Breaking Dawn.  When I mentioned going to the movies, Mr. Gherkin immediately looked up showtimes for Breaking Dawn. LOVE!


Y'all don't tell anyone that we contemplated putting our feet up and sleeping through the movies, alright? We didn't, but it was very tempting.

p.s. Thanks for all those anniversary wishes. You guys are pretty awesome :)

11 comments:

Stefenie said...

Cute pics. Sure hope you are feeling better!

Just the Two of US said...

Cute pictures! i seriously don't think he can get any cuter! Sorry you weren't feeling well. no fun!

♥Jess said...

LOVE the tippy toe picture! Preston gets cuter with every post!

Sorry you have/had the tummy bug, if it makes you feel any better I've had it TWICE since october - I know your yuck feeling. It's the WORST EVER!

Great post!

Head over to my space and sign up for the accessory swap -
http://ardjla.blogspot.com/2011/12/accessory-swap.html

Donald said...

aww, the handprint christmas tree is so cute!

Melissa said...

Those pics of your little guy just make my heart melt!

I was lucky enough to get the same stomach bug also, so I empathize!

Shae said...

I LOVE the handprint tree! So sweet! The tree looks great. Preston is just the cutest ever (next to my boy)!!! ;)

Missy said...

Loev P's artwork!
I just got the stuff to make a handprint tree with Park! We did the footprint ornament this morning...didnt come out as cute as Pinterest showed!!
Glad you and T got a date night and really glad you are feeling better!
Give that sweet boy kisses from me!

MJ @ Teaching in Heels said...

Those are the cutest pics. Loving the handprint tree!! Adorable :)

Tiff said...

I love that sweet tree! And those tippy-toe-feet are adorable! :) Hope you start feeling better soon.. Sheesh, that stinks!

Karah said...

Preston is such a cutie!! Happy Anni to you guys. :)

Kristin said...

i'm catching up on blogs today . . . whoa, 5 years since that pant-splitting night? awesomeness. :)